“Something for everyone”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Ooka

Ooka
Ranked #5 of 138 Restaurants in Doylestown
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Kids, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Furlong PA
“Something for everyone”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2013

This place has a sushi bar, a bar bar, a section of hibachi cooking tables, and ordinary table service. I'm not an expert on Japanese cuisine but I think everything is good. I was at Ooka last night with a party of eight and we had everything from sushi to teriyaki . Presentation is beautiful too.

I sympathize with Ben K's review below, my group got the same table. It's also too close to the hibachi area where people get rowdy during the performance cooking. If you have a small group, like 4, ask to be away from the hibachi area (you want to go the left as you enter).

• Visited December 2013

New Hope, Pennsylvania
“A Mixed Experience”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2013

We had reservations for a party of six at 7PM on a Tuesday evening. We were seated in very cramped long table between an exterior wall and a half wall. We took turns sliding down the chairs to our perspective seats. The din was deafening and it was impossible to communicate verbally as well as visually as I could not see even see my wife 2 seats over against the wall. Obviously, this discomfort impaired our experience.

Unfortunately, the food was also not consistently excellent. The udon noodles in my sons soup dish were soggy and the ingredients were bland. My shimp tempura was OK, but the dipping sauce and grease level "stayed with me" into the following morning. The scallops, sesame chicken, dumpling and all of the sushi dishes that we ordered were excellent.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Ben K
Doylestown, Pennsylvania
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Japanese food in Doylestown”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

OOKA has always been an excellent place to get top quality sushi and other classic, as well as original, Japanese dishes. This was true many years ago when it was the much smaller Tokyo D Sushi. When it was taken over by OOKA it retained the high quality and very reasonable pricing of everything on its excellent menu. The expansion significantly increased the size of the dining area and added a large hibachi room, which is also extremely good. While its not in the heart of town, its only a few minutes from it, with easy parking and, in my opinion, better food at better prices than its competition in town. From my perspective, it's the only place for Japanese food in Doylestown.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank Marty1207
Kernersville, North Carolina
“Cool place with very good sushi”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2013

The sushi is fresh and flavorful. It has a very modern and interesting atmosphere. They bartenders are skilled at making unique cocktails. They also serve hibachi, which we haven't tried yet, but looks great. Overall, they have excellent food with prices that are a bit high.

Visited July 2013
Chattanooga, Tennessee
“It was ok”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

We were trying to find something on the fly, and we were craving hibachi and sushi, so this was one of the first places to come up. Was t the greatest sushi in the world, and even the white rice tasted weird. Then the family sitting next to us at the same hibachi table paid for all three of our dinners unknowningly. As nice as that was, I'm wondering why the waitress didn't separate our checks in the first place. Very odd...

• Visited August 2013