“Our favorite over 20 years”

Paganini Ristorante
Ranked #37 of 146 Restaurants in Doylestown
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Opened in 1990, freshest pasta in town. Also thin crust pizza, carpaccio, salads, veal and the best cappuccino. Also visit Pags Wine Bar and Pag's Pub & Pizza directly across the street.
Reviewed February 20, 2012

Since the owners, Ralph and Karen opened their restaurant in 1991, it has been our very favorite in town. Ralph is also the chef and oversees every dish that comes out of the kitchen. His pasta is freshly made and carefully prepared. Try the Fruita de Mar or for that matter any pasta dish and you will not be disappointed. His wait staff is efficient and you are never rushed through your meal. Ralph and Karen want their customers to have a true dining experience. Having a restaurant in Paris prior to opening Papanini brings European diining to our small town. If you are looking for a glass of wine before or after dinner, also try his wine bar across the street, decorated in an inviting European look...complete with fireplace and delicate lighting. Also try Pag's Cafe across the street for more casual dining. You will not be disappointed.

1  Thank bcroll

Reviewed January 17, 2012

This restaurant has good quality food, but my family's experience over was very poor. The server perhaps lost our order--the food took forever. She also forgot our drinks and had to be reminded twice. The bread girl eventually helped us out and apologized for the waitress, who we saw again upon leaving holding her head in her hands at the bar. Bad night, I guess. Our bill was way too high for three simple plates of pasta, one green salad, and a glass of house wine, nearly $80. This restaurant may work if you have an expense account and a crowd of people--maybe then you'll get some attention. My family, however, will not be back.

3  Thank Andrew J
Reviewed January 13, 2012

eat here often. always consistant and always get the same entree! Tagatelli with the eggplant. SOOO good! Bread is divine. wine list ok, get a bottle, better value and better choices. Outside dining is really nice! Love this place. Eat here often.

Reviewed October 19, 2011

We went here for a funeral luncheon on a Monday at 1:30pm. The place is absolutely adorable, as is the entire street it's on. There are many levels so if you are going with elder persons or those that have trouble with stairs ask for the main level and look for the accessible ramps outside. The menu is limited, but a good mix of familiar and signature dishes. There were some younger (18 and under) diners with us that had some trouble understanding what was what, but it worked out ok. My biggest gripe is that there were 16 of us and onlt 1 waitstaff helping us. She did her best, but there were still issues. We all rodered at the same time, but half of us were served food and finished before the other half received our meals. It does state ont he menu that certain dishes take longer, but that is no excuse for half of a party waiting over 20 minutes for the other half to be served. When the food came it ws hot, fresh,a nd delicious. The portions were on the smaller side for Italian fare, but is was lunch time so this could be why. We all ordered dessert and were unimpressed as the desserts appear to have been frozen/store bough and in small portions as well. The ambiance of this restaurant does make up for most of it's downfalls and it likely would have been a different experience with a smaller party.

1  Thank ks73080
Reviewed July 28, 2011

My first review from years ago was not favorable, so I've tried it again a few times thinking all these people love it, I may as well try again. It was better, honestly. The pasta meal tasted really good and our server was also top. Still have a few negatives...I thought there were free refill on soda, so when I got my bill, I was a bit surprised there were not. Make sure to ask! For my three year old, she asked for a small plate of pasta with butter. $8! No kids menu :( But for one drink, one milk, one soda, a $29 bottle of wine, one salad, two pasta meals (no meat and one was mac and cheese) and one "kids" meal, our tab was $104 without tip. Hard to do that on a more frequent basis, as I think because we liked the food, we'd go more often since we live right there. All that being said, if the price works for you, it's a nice place to go for a nice meal.

1  Thank mnmfischel