Tripadvisor

Ranked #31 of 139 Restaurants in Doylestown
Cuisines: American, Mexican, Seafood
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Outdoor dining room and Bar!!! Mexican -American Restaurant and Bar known for our up-beat, funky and eclectic attitude and atmosphere.Offers Southern California style Mexican cuisine, along with burgers, steaks, ribs, salads, and more! Everything your cha cha palate needs to put a big, fat smile on your face! Even our drinks have a special style that cannot be matched in the area! View our menu by clicking on the the menu button.Lots of happenings and special events to provide a fun filled time any day of the year!
Reviewed January 21, 2020

Nice atmosphere, little loud but not distracting. Good beer selection. The service was fast and attentive. The food was authentic and plentiful.

Date of visit: January 2020
mclDoylestown_PA, General Manager at Poco's, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Thanks so much for your review Tony. We are so happy to hear you enjoyed our food and service. We appreciate your business and look forward to serving you again soon.

Write a reviewReviews (273)

Reviewed January 13, 2020 via mobile

The food is just mediocre. I will say the service is fabulous. They have a great happy hour. The salsa is very good. There’s only one thing that order anymore because it’s not worth experimenting and that is tacos.

Date of visit: October 2019
mclDoylestown_PA, Owner at Poco's, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2020

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We would love to know if there is anything we can do for you next time to earn 5 stars. We appreciate your business and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed December 21, 2019 via mobile

Perhaps I was expecting more than I should have.

I was disappointed when I looked at the margarita menu and all they offered was Jose Cuervo for the tequila. For a Mexican restaurant you would think they would offer better tequila. Jose Cuervo is bottom shelf. Give me my patron, my 1800. They did have those but you have to ask for it.

We sat at the bar where there was a distinct smell of cleaner that wafted through the air assaulting my nostrils, taking away from our enjoyment. The barmaid was less than attentive and to be honest I would have expected an offer of chips and salsa.

Here's my real problem. Why was my margarita in a bamboo glass. WTH? And my margarita was much too tart.

Last but certainly not least, there was a guy vaping in the restaurant. Nope. Not cool.

Date of visit: December 2019
mclDoylestown_PA, Owner at Poco's, responded to this reviewResponded December 23, 2019

Dear geminigirl, we are sorry that you did not have a great experience at Poco's. Allow me to answer your questions. It is never customary, in any bar, to list every single drink that we can make on a menu. OF COURSE we can make a margarita with any kind of tequila that you like!! Currently, we offer 14 different brands of tequila. We can make a margarita with any of them! You will find this to be true at any bar. Our margarita menu is for popular margaritas and no, Jose Cuervo Gold is not bottom shelf. All you have to do is ask for a margarita with your patron or 1800 (we have both of those and they are prominently displayed so that anyone can see that they are options). Also...the reason that those margaritas are not included on our Margarita menu is that the vast majority of people do not want to spend an extra $5.00 on a margarita with upgraded tequila when it is mixed with lots of other ingredients in our homemade, all natural margarita mix and not taste the difference. We consider those upper shelf tequilas to be for sipping, alone, but as stated, are more than happy to make a margarita out of them for anyone who wants one. Your margarita came in a bamboo glass because you ordered a "Preferred Margarita" and we have served them in this glass for 33 years because with so many different kinds of margaritas, all looking the same, we have to be able to differentiate between them. I am sorry that you found our mix too tart for your liking but we do not add any artificial sweeteners to our mix. You were seated close to the glass washer behind the bar and I assume that the cleaner smell that you smelled was coming from there. I have never heard anyone mention that before and am sorry that it contributed to your bad experience. If the bartender did not offer you chips and salsa, I sincerely apologize! They are supposed to offer these to EVERYONE!

Reviewed December 1, 2019

As usual we liked the entire experience, from being welcomed by Wayne, to having pleasant service and good food in a friendly atmosphere. My wife and I have been enjoying Pocos for many years, with never a bad experience.

Date of visit: November 2019
mclDoylestown_PA, Manager at Poco's, responded to this reviewResponded December 1, 2019

Thanks for your great feedback and review Alan! We are so glad to hear everything lives up to your expectations and you enjoy our food and service. We appreciate your years of business and look forward to seeing you again next time.

Reviewed November 26, 2019

We had just reviewed a dinner at Poco's very positively. With a lunch hour free one day we decided to go to Poco's. What a shock! No friendly greeting, the waitress seemed annoyed and boarded on being unfriendly. I made the mistake of ordering a food item based on the description in the menu which I had never ordered before, That item was a plate of "green" slop with so few of the ingredients mentioned that it was totally flat, a side salad was brown. The waitress as she was walking by asked about the food but was 25 feet away before we could answer. She was never seen again. Is there a takeaway from this lunchtime disaster? 1) Don't assume you will find the same experience at lunch at Pocos as at dinner. 2) Don't order an item with which you have had no experience. When asked for comment on the Poco website don't expect that it will be read or responded to. All this has us off Poco's for the near term.

Date of visit: November 2019