“Worst meal I have ever had!”
Review of Poco's

Poco's
Ranked #14 of 139 Restaurants in Doylestown
Cuisines: American, Mexican, Seafood
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Outdoor dining room and Bar!!! Mexican -American Restaurant and Bar known for our up-beat, funky and eclectic attitude and atmosphere.Offers Southern California style Mexican cuisine, along with burgers, steaks, ribs, salads, and more! Everything your cha cha palate needs to put a big, fat smile on your face! Even our drinks have a special style that cannot be matched in the area! View our menu by clicking on the the menu button.Lots of happenings and special events to provide a fun filled time any day of the year!
Reviewed February 23, 2014

Have lived in Doylestown area for over 27 yrs. decided to take my grand kids who were visiting, plus my one son and husband. Actually had a reservation. Told we had arrived a bit early and had to wait till table finished up. Funny thing is when we were seated, no one was sitting at the table previously. Next, chips and salsa arrived. No way to dip salsa- no bowls. Finally asked when we were given the chance after 10 minutes or so. After drinks were ordered and brought to table the server asked us what we would like to order........ I said we have no menus! He seemed surprised and acted like it was someone else's fault. To me as a former server, everything starts with the server so please don't blame it on someone else. My thought was maybe they pull their tips so everyone has hand in it. Asked for other things over time, and waited much longer than acceptable. Meal took over an hour to arrive. We are talking about simple preparation. My one grandson even ordered hot dog. When meal finally arrived , I was shocked at my seafood quesadillas. Pitiful! My husband who never complains was embarrassed we took our young grand kids there and said it was the worst meal he ever had!!!! He had fajitas which should always be hot and were cold. I actually had salad shrimp in my quesadillas and they were cold. Server never asked how things were????? Never ever again .

Reviewed February 2, 2014

Always good food Friendly staff. Even better now since the addition of Poco's South and the accompanying renovations. Great place for relaxing, comfort food with a Mexican touch.

1  Thank WinpakBob
Reviewed January 7, 2014

We frequent this restaurant on a regular basis, either alone, or with spouse. Have never had a meal that was anything than delicious...service staff always pleasant, accurate in taking orders, and attentive. Margarita Thursday is one of our favorite times to visit. Environment is very casual and comfortable. I've read some of the other reviews and wonder if we're talking about the same place...drinks are not cheap, but food is reasonably priced and there's always plenty of it. We are always greeted as friends and treated as such.

1  Thank JACK G
mclDoylestown_PA, Manager at Poco's, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2014

Thank you for your review, Sir! Sometimes I have to wonder the same thing!

Reviewed January 7, 2014

This restaurant is still trying to figure out if it is Mexican faire or a hodge-podge faire. There is nothing authentic about the offerings.

Thanks for your review! Just wanted to point out that for 27 years we have been a Southern California style Mexican restaurant. That is where the owner lived until he was in his mid twenties and moved to Pennsylvania. We do not, and never have claimed to be an authentic Mexican restaurant. In fact, our full name is Mexican/American, so we do offer "a hodge-podge faire" , that is correct.

Reviewed January 1, 2014

We went to the comedy cabaret- did not go here for dinner. The show was OK- a bit too short. The host was terrible, the first comic was good, but was on for maybe 15 minutes if that. The second was hilarious, but wish she was on longer, and the headliner was a sight comedian using props to convey show titles, etc. I wish the show was longer and they would have given the comics more time. Avoid the popcorn and purchase bottle beer instead of draft- draft is in a cup for $4 and the bottle is $5, but you get more beer. I suggest drinking before and avoid buying anything as it is not worth the charge. As with any comedy club it is hit-or-miss with the comics. The night could have been better if the first two were given more time.

mclDoylestown_PA, Manager at Poco's, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2014

Thanks for your review! I do have to correct what you said about the beer, though...looks can be deceiving...the bottled beers are 12 oz. and the draft beers are 14 oz. so you get more by draft.