“Love the wings at Mesquito Grille!”
Review of Mesquito Grille

Mesquito Grille
Ranked #79 of 142 Restaurants in Doylestown
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed January 24, 2013

PRO's -

The thing I like most about mesquito grille is the food. The wings are excellent, as are the margaritas. But really, I have tried several items on the menu and although I would classify it as american fare or bar type foods - the food really is very good.

CON's -

The place is small and quaint....not necessarily a con, but not exactly a lot to look at either. The upstairs seating though is much nicer than the downstairs bar area seating. I can't say I'm a fan of the downstairs bar area.

From my experience, the wait staff is somewhat slow, friendly, but they are either understaffed or just don't come around to the tables all that often. Always nice and accomodating though.

OVERALL -

Every place has its pros and cons, but the food is sooooo good. Like I said, american style bar fare - burgers, wings, steaks, etc. But all of it is very good. Don't forget to grab a margarita!

Reviewed November 30, 2012

Have only been to sit-down dinner once here, and it has a nice ambience. But truly, we do the ribs for take-out. We usually get the onion rings for the side and everything is good. We've had some issues in the past when ordering, but on our recent orders, there hasn't been an issue. Good all around.

Reviewed November 27, 2012

The Mesquito Grill has - hands down - the best wings and variety of wings to be had anywhere. The only thing more varied would be their beer selection, they have imports there on tap and in bottles that you wont find many other places. The balance of the food is all good, for as many times as I have eaten there I have never been disappointed.

OK, here's the rub. Its really loud - except at lunch - and sometimes I am convinced that there must be a black hole in existence on the premises because I have had servers simply disappear....some nights I have actually ordered two beers at a time knowing they would never make it back before I was done with one (and I'm a slow drinker).

The place to avoid if you want to keep your hearing intact is the main bar (on the left as you enter). On a warm day or evening its always fun being on the second floor balcony. Your best shot of getting a seat there in the warm weather months is to get there early (430 on the weeknight). It s a treat being out there and from my experience it tends to draw the most interesting characters; I always seem to do a lot of laughing on the balcony.

If you cant get a seat order the wings to go and grab a few bottles of your favorite Belgian import; it will be as good and most likely quieter!

Reviewed April 16, 2012

This is a nice place to hang out. Appetizer selections are great and seem to come out quickly and well done. Have been here a couple of times and always felt like it was a good experience.

Reviewed March 18, 2012

I visited this Restaurant once with family, and twice alone. The price was good value, the staff were friendly, and the food very tasty. Simple American style food, plenty of it, and very filling! A great sellection of beers too, young, hip staff.