“I got to 86 West, but I wouldn't recommend it to someone”
Review of 86 West

86 West
Reserve with OpenTable
86 West is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #45 of 138 Restaurants in Doylestown
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: 86 West is known for its unique take on New American cuisine. Taking the freshest local ingredients and combining them in creative ways to deliver a new spin on traditional favorites and new ideas as well. Our reliable standbys such as the Baked Mac n’ Cheese married with the ever changing specials deliver an experience you can count on, with some pleasant surprises. Top quality steaks and seafood, delicious salads and sides, and fresh locally made desserts make mind wander at the possibilities.Our latest addition is a new group of sushi, sashimi, and raw bar selections prepared to exacting standards from only the best ingredients. Our sushi team has over 20 years experience delivering mouth watering taste sensations across the country. Added to this are our new small plate selections with a full range of choices sure to please the palate.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“I got to 86 West, but I wouldn't recommend it to someone”
Reviewed June 3, 2013

That might sound odd, but it's true. I live in the area and I have been here many, many times. Lunch, dinner, drinks, afternoon munchies. I probably go because the menu is ecclectic, wide ranging, reasonably priced. You can get small plates and so if you're with a few people, everyone can pick a few things and you can share. The drinks are always good. Some of the best small plates include the hummus, the chorizo in blankets, the onion straws, the sushi, and the guacamole. The service, meh, not great, but not bad. Just kinda distant or matter of fact. So, why wouldn't i recommend it? Well, mostly because if someone is asking me for a recommendation I would want to make sure they really liked it and it was special - and I don't think 86 West is memorable per se or indicative of the area. It's just an easy place to pop into, have a drink and some munchies, and see someone you know (I literally always run into someone I know here). And for that, i think it fits a nice need in D-town.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Gophillies20

“Love it”
Reviewed May 11, 2013

As a D-town resideby, I've only been here twice, once in 2010 and it was great, it was late, and we had no reservation, and I was very pregnant and hungry, I think we only waited about 10 min since it was only the 2 of us, we ordered an app and the small plate trips and it was great. Service wasn't super speedy which was great for us, we wanted to take our time and they were packed. The second time was this summer, me and a friend had the oyster shooters (phenomenal) and we both had the lobster Mac and cheese, (not what in was expecting at all but I bead completely blown away) and we finished with the chocolate assault cupcake. They we're delectable and we couldn't even finish them, so we saved the rest for our men folk. We are trying to decide between here and honey for mothers day (tomorrow) and I have never been to honey but our 3 year old will be with us and I've never been to honey and feel more comfortable here!

• Visited June 2012
Alabama
“Happy hour every day in Doylestown!”
Reviewed May 3, 2013

My friends and I love this bar, especially now that the weather is getting nice. Its upscale with a very modern feel, yet maintains an open and friendly atmosphere. The patio is great, with fire pits and heat lamps at the bar for the spring and fall. They have a good overall menu, if you like sushi they have a great menu. Plus you cant beat the value of half price happy hour every day, but please don't assume this is a sloppy get drunk bar. Dress up a little and have a cocktail, laugh and enjoy yourself. I have had one or two experiences at 86 with snobs and obnoxiously intoxicated people, along the same lines as Patricia T's review. When any bar gets crowded, people can get out of hand. However the staff is always in control and my advice is to relax and go with the flow, and you will find the experience to be enjoyable.

• Visited May 2013
“Nice Afternoon”
Reviewed April 29, 2013

Went to 86 West on Sunday afternoon for a late lunch with my wife. John our waiter, bartender was terrific! Sat out side, weather was beautiful. The food was terrific and hot when served. The restaurant has a great energy yet is very relaxing. We have been there many times and continue to visit!

• Visited April 2013
Chalfont, Pennsylvania
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Don't believe Everything You Read.... read this from a regular..”
Reviewed April 23, 2013

I have been going to 86 almost since it opened. I am there about 4 to 5 times a week when I am not traveling for work. This is a great restaurant with great customer service and since one of the things I do for a living is teach customer service around the world and have been in the hospitality business as a senior manager I think I know..
When you read blueskirtgirl review... I will tell you I want not only there having dinner that night but I spoke to her myself. Number one she had too much to drink, number two she kept telling us how she has traveled all over the world and she was so upset because she wanted to sit at a table without eating and therefore on a weekend night and when they are jammed packed , they cannot take the tables just to drink. She was totally obnoxious , rude to the staff and has this opinion that she is better than anyone else.
Again as a regular who is orginally from NYC and knows great service and great food.... this is one of the best places in Doylestown. I go there because I also LOVE the staff. They have always been attentive, kind , provided superior service. So as my title says.. don't believe everything you read . This woman who gave this place a ONE... has her own set of problems and more than likely nothing to do with this restaurant!!

• Visited April 2013