“Great variety in a small restaurant”
Review of Hickory Kitchen

Hickory Kitchen
Ranked #11 of 138 Restaurants in Doylestown
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Princeton Junction, New Jersey
“Great variety in a small restaurant”
Reviewed August 26, 2012

Great sandwich and tasty extras; lots of variety for a small place. Priced right. Owner/manager has designed the menu and built the recipes, takes orders and his able assistant whips up the food. Simple, quick, and tasty.

• Visited August 2012

“Vegetarian Friendly”
Reviewed August 20, 2012

The mention of vegetarian fare got me in the door and they do have a nice selection. I had Brigitte's Vegetable Wrap and it was good. The place is small, friendly, efficient and has good vibes. I would return.

Ringoes, New Jersey, United States
“wonderful surprise”
Reviewed August 12, 2012

For a change of pace we went out to Doylestown and researched several places with our Kindle, we chose HK for the price and we both like barbecue. the ribs were pull off the bone great, that mega-hunk of cornbread is worth the price. Friendly crew esp. for the end of the night. Asked my friend, who can be discerning about food and price if this was on our "let's try this again list" he said this one was on our "let's do this frequently list", and we will. atmosphere great for an in town BBQ place.

• Visited August 2012
Pennsylvania
“Best barbeque place, hands down”
Reviewed July 23, 2012

We stopped at the Hickory Kitchen for lunch in Doylestown on Saturday. Don't let the ambiance fool you - this food is amazing even though it looks like a take-out sandwich shop. The menu is extensive and we had 5 people including a vegetarian. It is difficult to please all of us, but they did!

Everyone declared their selection excellent - portabello mushroom sandwich, pulled pork, lentil chili, brisket sandwich, turkey club, gazpacho. Fast service, excellent food and reasonable prices.

My pulled pork was the best I have had in many years - tender, juicy and full of flavor. They have a selection of interesting sauces - maple chipotle (too sweet for me), spicy barbeque (perfect!), and a few others but I stopped when I tried the spicy one. The bread was a country brioche - soft but substantial enough to absorb the sauce.

The gazpacho was fresh, chunky and hot enough to let you know it isn't your generic canned soup.

We sat outside and enjoyed watching the car show being set up while we ate. They have 2 tables outside which I would recommend because the inside tables are a little crowded.

We'll be back!

• Visited July 2012
Warrington, Pennsylvania
“Awesome Brisket!”
Reviewed July 13, 2012

The food here is so good. My favorite is the brisket and satisfies my longing for real Texas brisket every time! The homemade pecan pie is to die for!! Very casual and fun!

• Visited January 2012