“Wonderful!”

Hickory Kitchen
Ranked #17 of 142 Restaurants in Doylestown
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Reviewed November 8, 2011

Stopped in for lunch after the Mercer museum. They were very busy and the resturant was very small but we lucked out and got a table immediately. The owner took our order, even bringing me a taste of bbq sauce when I asked if it was sweet or vinegary. Super nice. The food was excellent- both my pulled port and my husband's brisket. The fries and more than enough to share and the collard greens were some of the best I've ever eaten. Prices are a bit on the high side but, really, you should expect to pay a bit more for real, quality food. Definitely give them a try.

Reviewed November 6, 2011

We went for dinner salivating for great barbecue but were greatly disappointed. The ribs were tough and tasteless. The hot sides were served cold....overcooked pasta for the macaroni & cheese. The biscuit could sink a ship. The brisket also was extremely tough. My husband had seen a segment on TV about this restaurant. We want to know how much the owner had to pay for them to say good things. We actually walked out hungry after paying over $40 for a brisket platter (2 sides & biscuit) and 1/2 rack of ribs (2 sides & biscuit). Even the apple pie was disappointing--very bitter and soggy dough. Do yourself a favor & don't eat at Hickory Kitchen.

3  Thank AMEinpa
Reviewed November 3, 2011

When visiting my daughter goes at college, we are always looking for a new place to try and not just the regular chain restaurants. This time we found a hidden gem. The prices are not cheap but well worth the money because the food is delicious and generous portions. I had a pulled pork sandwich which was served on a brioche rolls with coleslaw. For a side, I got the macaroni and cheese. All 'homemade'. My husband got a huge cheese burger with beef brisket on it. He enjoyed it too. My daughter got The BBQ wings. I have to say, they were delicious especially since we come from Western New York where the Buffalo Wings originated. We will definitely return on our next visit.

Reviewed September 22, 2011

"Dropped in" with 7 ladies for lunch after visiting Fonthill and we all found something interesting to try - especially the fried pickles! Don't let the casual atmosphere fool you - the food is top notch, and the orders were served up promptly & correctly, despite our being a mini-rush amidst other customers.

Reviewed September 10, 2011

Last night we went to the Hickory Kitchen and had a great experience. Service was great, everyone was really friendly and the atmosphere the best. We had a burguer, pulled pork, pulled chicken, ribs, sweet potato fries, regular fries, a corndog, chicken fingers, biscuit, drinks... and only paid less than $60!

Food was awesome... We will definitely go back.