“It was fear! Not big deal”
Review of Bobby Simone's - CLOSED

Bobby Simone's
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 16, 2012

When to Bobby's for the first time in long time and the service got better, when we got in there , I had the grill chicken sandwich and my fiancé had the roast beef sandwich and ask the waiter to have it with a sourdough bread instead of the brioche and he suggest that he should have it the original way, so my fiancé said he was not familiar with that bread so the waiter went to the kitchen and got a roll with his hands and show it to us! After touching money , come on ! Both sandwiches were good and the fries too also the price was good but the waiters need more training In my opinion .

Reviewed September 16, 2012

Bobby Simon's was just ok. My husband and I, along with two other couples, went last night because we wanted to stay in the Doylestown area. I had been resisting going because I loved the old Roosevelt Blue Star and didn't like that it was being replaced. We ordered a few appetizers (mussels, shrimp cocktail, some sweet potato fries) and they were fine...just fine, nothing special. A few salads were delivered, very run-of-the-mill, nothing stood out. Then, our meals, a couple salmon dishes, pork chop, scallops, petite filet. I was rather shocked at how small all of the portions were...not that we needed more, but at those prices, I'd think portions would be a bit bigger. A few dishes were served with mashed potatoes...who serves plain mashed potatoes anymore...no garlic or wasabi or any special flavoring...rather bland I'd say.  Nobody commented or especially enjoyed anything; it was all just ok. I tried the creme brûlée because I remembered it was good at Blue Star, but this one didn't do it for me. All in all the meal was just ok, service was fine and food fine. I do like the atmosphere, but I dont know if that will be enough to bring me back. Maybe I'd go back to try their samdwiches and burgers?

1  Thank Foodie Z
Reviewed August 31, 2012

My friend and I went to lunch yesterday for his birthday. We sat at the bar and had cocktails and a wonderful lunch. The bartender Riannian was wonderful and mixed greatb drinks. Food was fantastic. I had hot Roast Beef and my friend had appetisers. The ambiance was great and the day was perfact!

Reviewed July 28, 2012

We occasionally drop by Bobby's and find a nice treat. The menu is diverse and tasty. I like the Cajun Blue burger for lunch and the special meatloaf with mashed for dinner. Make reservations on weekends especially on First Fridays. It is nice to sit outside in the evening on a fall day.

Reviewed June 29, 2012

Spent a lovely evening at an outside table this week. If you are new to the area, or are looking for a casual but upscale place, this is it. Had the fish tacos which were prepared with grilled Halibut, fresh guacamole,chopped tomato with cilantro and an incredible citrus aioili. It was the perfect summer dinner for a warm evening. Reasonable priced at $14. The best part about Bobby's menu, is that you can order either sandwiches,salads or an entree and either way, it is top quality. The wine is a bit pricey at $9 for house unoaked chardonnay (not that crazy about it) or $12 for the upgrade, but both are good pours. Joel the bartender is always friendly and a great conversationalist. In fact, I have never had a bad experience with a server either. Recommend making a reservation on the weekend, during the cooler months.

1  Thank oct1020