“Used to be so good, but not today”

Carmine's Parkside Pizza
Ranked #48 of 72 Restaurants in Downingtown
Cuisines: Delicatessen, Pizza
Philly
“Used to be so good, but not today”
Reviewed July 31, 2012

This used to be a friendly neighborhood hole-in-the wall. Great food and great prices. (I'm talking 1990's).

Today, new owner and they've gone "upscale", which means prices have skyrocketed and the food quality and quantity has gone down.

I'm really sad, because I really used to love the place, but today, they're just another store for the McMansion owners that have moved into the area.

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank wilbur_the_goose

“Eagle's Holdout”
Reviewed July 26, 2012

EAgle over the years has slowly changed it's name....It is now Chester Springs????? I still don't understand that.....anyway...Carmine's Parkside is the hub of takeout in the area....and has been for quite a few years...we have visited many times and each time I think....I hope I get some more chicken in my cheese steak sandwich....Have mentioned it....still the same....pizza is great....beware of the chicken cheese steak...

Visited June 2012
1 Thank Barbara C
Chester Springs, Pennsylvania
“Best pizza in the area”
Reviewed June 19, 2012

My wife and I are originally from Long Island and have difficulty finding what we consider good pizza in Chester County. Carmine's has it. You can buy it by the slice. Their cheese steaks are also good, although like their hoagies the rolls could be better.

Visited June 2012
Downingtown, Pennsylvania
“My First Philly Cheesesteak”
Reviewed April 23, 2012

Well, I had never eaten a Philly cheesesteak before, so I thought I'd try one at Carmine's. Everyone we were with raved about them. Maybe I just don't care for the dish as a whole, because I thought it was just okay. I'd never order another one. The restaurant as a whole seemed clean and everyone else enjoyed their food more than I did. I should have ordered something else, perhaps!

Visited April 2012
Downingtown, Pennsylvania
“Great pizza and ice cream!”
Reviewed April 5, 2012

Carmine's has yummy pizza and sandwiches. My famly's favorite foods are pizza, brocolli bites (my favorite!), and the breadstick bundle. They also have the BEST ice cream-it is so creamy and delicious!!! If you like pizza, sandwiches, or ice cream, go to Carmine's!

Visited January 2012