“Exceeded my low expectations”

Hibachi of Downingtown
Ranked #39 of 74 Restaurants in Downingtown
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Japanese steak house and sushi bar. All you can eat sushi everyday.early bird special everyday.lunch special every saturday and sunday!
Reviewed May 13, 2012

We went to a Hibachi for a family graduation celebration; our group was four adults, one teen, and 2 younger boys. We waited several minutes to get a table which seemed odd considering the place was empty. Our chef was fabulous --- funny and a good cook. He's Caucasian with red hair and I understand has been at the place since it opened. If I had to go to the Hibachi again I would try to get this chef. Our waitress was also excellent. The food is overpriced and high in fat but at least it was tasty. I will not willingly return but was more satisfied than I expected with the dinner.

1  Thank Robin R
There are newer reviews for Hibachi of Downingtown

Reviewed April 15, 2012

Recently moved the PA from New York. Figured I'd try sushi in a chain type place for the first time, hoping it would be safer than a hole in the wall. We ordered miso soup, which was okay. Broth was good, seaweed was very chewy. Also ordered edamame, which never came. Im not super adventurous when it comes to sushi, I usually stick with spicy tuna rolls. We ordered a few spicy crunchy tuna rolls and a samarai roll (eel, avocado, spicy tuna). Rolls were mostly rice, tasteless and mushy at that. I'm used to a firm rice that holds together nicely. And the sushi was almost warm, which was a big turn off. I will not go back again. I can't speak for the hibachi side of things.

Reviewed February 19, 2012

The food is good but nothing to rave about. The chef you get depends a lot on how good the presentation is done. Service is good but I have had better but it is a good experience for the money.

Reviewed December 20, 2011

Terrible food and even worse service!! The part that stands out most in my mind is how the waiter spilled my drink, took a very long time to clean it up and never replenished it...

2  Thank Mike F
Reviewed July 4, 2011

Disapointing, the food was not as fresh as it should be for a Japanese place. I won't go there again!!