“Sushi a no go”

Hibachi of Downingtown
Ranked #41 of 76 Restaurants in Downingtown
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Japanese steak house and sushi bar. All you can eat sushi everyday.early bird special everyday.lunch special every saturday and sunday!
Reviewed April 15, 2012

Recently moved the PA from New York. Figured I'd try sushi in a chain type place for the first time, hoping it would be safer than a hole in the wall. We ordered miso soup, which was okay. Broth was good, seaweed was very chewy. Also ordered edamame, which never came. Im not super adventurous when it comes to sushi, I usually stick with spicy tuna rolls. We ordered a few spicy crunchy tuna rolls and a samarai roll (eel, avocado, spicy tuna). Rolls were mostly rice, tasteless and mushy at that. I'm used to a firm rice that holds together nicely. And the sushi was almost warm, which was a big turn off. I will not go back again. I can't speak for the hibachi side of things.

Reviewed February 19, 2012

The food is good but nothing to rave about. The chef you get depends a lot on how good the presentation is done. Service is good but I have had better but it is a good experience for the money.

Reviewed December 20, 2011

Terrible food and even worse service!! The part that stands out most in my mind is how the waiter spilled my drink, took a very long time to clean it up and never replenished it...

2  Thank Mike F
Reviewed July 4, 2011

Disapointing, the food was not as fresh as it should be for a Japanese place. I won't go there again!!

Reviewed October 19, 2010

I have eaten at Hibachi in Downingtown numerous times and have always enjoyed the dining room experience. Their restrooms have always been dirty though. It appears to be getting worse. Paper towel holder are not used (wet paper towels are only on the counter) and trash is always over flowing - the restrooms are gross. I am sure if I had viewed the kitchen previously I would be willing to bet I would have never gone back there again.

1  Thank Dtown24