“What did you say?”

Molly Maguires
Cuisines: Irish
“What did you say?”
Reviewed December 27, 2013 via mobile

If you go after 9 PM bring your earplugs. The band is loud loud loud and you can't even hear the person next to you. When the band plays go upstairs to avoid the music and hear your company. Otherwise the beer is good and service was good. Just come before 9 and bring your earplugs.

West Chester, Pennsylvania
“Ugh, what a night”
Reviewed November 14, 2013

We just had our first Molly McGuire's experience and unfortunately it was not a good one. Countless service mistakes. We ordered bread at the beginning of the meal and after many explanations of why it was taking so long, it came after our meal was served. my friend received the wrong meal, no salad dressing, no fries. The server couldn't split the check as we requested because there was no manager in the building. And we were charged for two items that were not supposed to be on the bill. I am usually not a complainer but, boy was our meal a disaster from beginning to end.

The food was ok. The pretzel app was a little overcooked but I liked the dipping sauces. My fish sandwich was very soggy. My Husband liked the Trio. The food was very average.

On the good side, their beer selection was great.

After this experience, and with all the other great places in town, we will probably not be back.

• Visited November 2013
Washington, DC
“A great start...”
Reviewed November 3, 2013

I had dinner at Molly Maguires late Friday evening. The restaurant is in the former home of the Minquas Fire Company in the center of Downingtown. A band was playing downstairs and the restaurant was really loud. I headed upstairs and had a glass of wine, a cup of onion soup, and fish and chips amongst a lively crowd. The soup was good, more chips than I could eat, and a pleasant first experience. One more piece of fish in my meal and everything would have been perfect. A great start for Molly Maguires!!!!

• Visited November 2013
Philadelphia, PA
“Spectacular”
Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

Went there after work with family for an early dinner around 5PM on a Wednesday. We entered and were immediately greeted by a friendly bartender and hostess. The layout of the place is very much Irish. Nice wood all over the place carvings all over the place very much in Irish bar atmosphere. My wife ordered the fish n chips and I had to roast beef au jus. We both ordered beers and as you can imagine in an Irish pub this selection is great. We also ordered chicken fingers as an appetizer and they were pretty much the best thing I never had. This server extremely friendly and knowledgeable. Start to finish it was a really nice restaurant very friendly atmosphere great addition to Downingtown. We will be back!

1 Thank Celling