“"Sticky"”

Cuisines: American, Southwestern, Barbecue, Mexican
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene, Families with children
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene, Families with children
Reviewed June 19, 2012

While visiting Downingtown the past weekend, we usually stop in at Wegman's to eat but since it was so crowded we stopped in Chilli's Grill. Big mistake. My first impression when I walked in the door was that the floor was sticky. It was. We were seated promptly by the host to a sticky table. Obviously this restaurant doesn't place a big priority of cleanliness.
Our waiter was prompt and courteous. We placed our order. Tortilla soup for my friend and a grilled chicken sandwich with French Fries for me. We should have had a clue this wasn't the place to eat because it wasn't crowded at all unlike the nearby Wegman's which was packed.
Our order arrived. My French Fries were room temperature and the grilled chicken sandwich was bland and also lukewarm. We would have done better to have gone to a fast food outlet, at least the food would have been hot. I used the bathroom before I left to wash my hands. The bathroom was also sloppy and unclean. We won't be going back.

Reviewed June 9, 2012

A good place to go when you're on the road and not positive what you want. You can special order menu items to not contain meat/dairy/animal products, but they still charge full-price. Don't look for any plant-based protein here.
Member of dining group ordered chicken cheese enchilada soup, which was enjoyed immensely.

Reviewed March 25, 2012

We popped into Chili's for lunch after a trip to the movies and were quickly seated by friendly staff. The kid's menu is a little disappointing, and didn't include a drink or a desert in "the deal" and the food selection is fairly standard, really no more that a cut-down version of TGIF, but it was cooked quickly and well presented.
We were placed at the table near the "to go" door, close to the rest rooms and on the "flight path" from the kitchen. It wasn't a problem for us as we wanted a quick lunch, but I would not want to sit there if I went to Chili's for dinner, when there would be much more traffic.
Overall, a reasonable place to eat for lunch.

Reviewed November 11, 2011

We stopped here for dinner, and the service was just great, staff are friendly and the service are fast.