“This is my go to place for great tasting fresh food prepared on site.”
Review of Green Street Grill

Green Street Grill
Ranked #1 of 74 Restaurants in Downingtown
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed March 24, 2013

I've read some of the recent reviews and although the product has remained stellar, as the saying goes - it only takes one bad apple to ruin the barrel. However, the bad apple was recently let go. I know exactly who and what the latest reviewers were talking about as I too was starting to wonder if it wasn't time to find a new Sunday breakfast spot and to the owner's credit, when they saw the reviews, the handled the issue. It doesn't matter how good the food is if your experience with your server is bad. But, that's all in the past and so I'm back to enjoying breakfast here every Sunday...which is good as I'm totally addicted to their eggs Benedict. And when I'm looking for a fresh "homemade" lunch during the week I often stop in...there's nothing from a deep fryer at Blue Cafe!

The 'home made' Hollandaise sauce is the best I've ever had. The banana walnut pancakes are out of this world! Even the sautéed mushrooms for the omelets are a stand-out! The chicken salad is made from scratch, as are the soups. They make scones every Sunday morning that are so popular people call in advance of coming in to reserve them. And the owners are two of the most decent people I've ever met. They genuinely care about the experience of their diners and if you raise a concern to either one of them, rest assured it will be addressed immediately.

So, if you've never been here, you'll have a great meal and I suggest giving it a try. If you've been here recently and know exactly what the last couple of reviewers were talking about - rest assure; problem solved. And given that the weather is returning - they'll be setting up their outdoor seating area which is one of the largest I've ever seen for an independently owned restaurant. I usually go solo for breakfast - and they have ample counter space for the single eater.

Reviewed December 13, 2012

A little concerned with the waitress today that acted like my 2 year that dumped 1 packet of sugar on the table was an out of control toddler. She gave us both dirty looks and proceeded to tell her waitress friends how horrified she was that there was a sugar packet dumped on the table. I cleaned it up and then she continued to ask me if I dumped it on the floor. Time for a new waitress! I'm a regular and have never had a complaint before her.

Reviewed November 25, 2012

I stopped in for breakfast on a weekday and there were a few others there, most seemed to be retired folk. The waitress was a bit cold toward me as well as the table behind me, but seemed friendly with the regulars who were sitting at the counter. I ordered the North of the Border breakfast burrito which was good, but nothing about the dish really had a 'wow' factor. I heard the guys behind me complaining about their breakfast but the waitress didn't seem too helpful. The saving grace as far as service goes was that one of the cooks just happened to walk past, and the guys behind me brought up the question about their breakfast. The cook was very friendly and diplomatic and I think the customers were satisfied by his response. I've had meals of this quality before but at a cheaper price. Overall, i don't think I'd be back.

Reviewed October 20, 2012

They make one side for the day, so if you don't like it you are SOL. It also means you can't get fries with your burger. Very limited menu and too fancy for more picky eaters or children.

1  Thank jmariani
Reviewed October 18, 2012

Local Downingtown restaurant with good food and lots of convenient parking. Open for breakfast and lunch with a creative menu.