“Same As It Ever Was”

Cuisines: Italian
Brick Township, New Jersey, United States
“Same As It Ever Was”
Reviewed August 25, 2014

Ok, yes this is a chain restaurant and one would think that every experience is identical within the same chain. Not always the case in my opinion. Each location has the opportunity to do really well or really poor in terms of service and food. We stopped here on our way home from a soccer tournament weekend and had a great experience. I hate going to restaurants like this and having to wait 35-40 minutes just to sit down for a meal, thankfully this wasn't such a place. We got right in and were greeted by a friendly hostess, who found us a nice table away from much of the noise. Our server, who's name I can't remember quickly came by to take drink orders and welcome us. He came back and very efficiently took our orders knowing well we were both tired and hungry. Bread sticks came out shortly thereafter to help hold us over for our meals. I still enjoy the tuscany soup with the potatoes and sausage and wasn't disappointed. I also enjoyed my spaghetti with meat sauce. I like meat sauce, but not every where has it or makes it the same. Olive Garden does this well. My kids enjoyed their chicken fingers and pasta/french fries as well. My wife ordered tri-colored penne with a creamy sun dried tomato sauce, but had an "oops" when it arrived. She didn't like the sauce because it was too spicy. When our waiter came back to check on us moments later and my wife asked him about the sauce, he knew almost immediately that it was the wrong sauce and took it right back to fix the plate. The manager brought back the correct dish a few minutes later and apologized for the mistake. I can't fault the staff much for this error since they quickly fixed the problem and did so with a smile and sincerest apology. We definitely felt like we were at a comfortable kitchen/restaurant out in the country side of italy. Our drink glasses were kept filled and the check came when we asked for it. Even the hostesses wished us a good day upon our exit prior to our 2 hour ride home.

• Visited August 2014

Exton
“Rude Waitress”
Reviewed July 16, 2014

Usually I have a wonderful time at Olive Garden. Today,however, an extremely rude waitress ruined the experience. I always try to be as polite as possible with food service workers and I didn't deserve the attitude that was given to me. After eating the majority of my meal the waitress came and asked if I wanted the rest remainders boxed. I told her no and she began to imply that I was being wasteful for not wanting to have the rest of the meal boxed an continually asked if I was sure I didn't want it boxed. The words "there are starving children in Africa" came out of her mouth.

• Visited July 2014
Honey Brook, Pennsylvania
“Good meal”
Reviewed May 14, 2014

We went on Mother's Day with 8 people. We were seated quickly, the servers were attentive and very friendly. Food was very good. Nice place to take young children.

• Visited May 2014
Downingtown, Pennsylvania
“Lunch”
Reviewed February 12, 2014

I enjoyed the food and company of family at this Olive Garden. The staff were so nice to us and gave us an extra salad for the road! We got four meals out of two!

Visited January 2014
Parkesburg, Pennsylvania
“It was okay”
Reviewed November 7, 2013

The service is great at Olive Garden, the food, though, is a bit salty. All the time. Actually its not a bit salty, most of the time it's a lot salty. There are several other restaurants in the area that I think are better dining experiences, however if you are set on pasta or Italian dishes and don't want to go to a smaller family owned restaurant, I guess this would be your place to go but here's the thing, if you're close to this place, your close to West Chester that has better, more authentic Italian food and you won't feel like you ate directly from the salt container.

• Visited September 2013