“Great Wings”

P.J. Whelihan's Pub + Restaurant
Ranked #24 of 74 Restaurants in Downingtown
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Description: We're a large neighborhood pub that caters to a wide variety of Downingtown locals. On any day you'll find businessmen enjoying lunch, college kids watching the game, families out for a meal or singles meeting up for happy hour. That's why our menu and beer selection are full of variety and updated regularly, and there's always something on special. There are lots of local craft beers represented, while drink specials and weekend entertainment provide a friendly atmosphere for friends to gather and party the night away. Check out our menu and daily specials.
Reviewed April 15, 2013

Good sports bar. Always a good crowd. Some of the best wings around. Rest of menu is pretty good for bar food. Decent burgers.

1  Thank john c

Reviewed April 9, 2013

Wasn't crazy about this place the first time. The second time i went I had drinks and appetizers which were much better than the french onion soup and dinner. The soup was gross.

Reviewed March 26, 2013 via mobile

Good choice for business, family, or date night. The staff was friendly, especially our server. I had the special which was a wrap. I seldom order a wrap but did so on the recommendation of our serve and it was really good. I didn't care much for the fries though, too mushy and not very warm.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

used to visit the haddonfield nj location for years. now in downingtown, its fun to have one local. wonderful change to the awful italian restaurant at this location prior. was there recently with many friends. food was very good and service was great. packed and very busy but with so many tvs, people and noise you really cant hear anyone at the table, yes, i know its a sports bar too so i get it but it does take away from how good the food and service is. we will be back since its fun, one thing...with kids, no one can complain if they are loud! ideal for a family dinner or sports bar visit.....

Reviewed February 3, 2013

We visited on a Sunday afternoon, and it was somewhat quiet in the restaurant. Our food arrived very quickly and was scrumptious. They have a number of different sauces you can have on various food items, so it's fun to pick the sauce you want.

I would have given it a 5-star review if it weren't for what I consider to be an inappropriate picture on the wall. It's a rock-star theme, which is fine, but I didn't need to sit under and large photo of Madonna and Britney Spears kissing each other. Particularly, I didn't want my children to sit and stare at that. It seems to me that there are plenty of appropriate pictures of rock stars to choose from. This was beneath the restaurant and lacked class. I'll pick a restaurant that's more family friendly next time.