“Fast service!”

P.J. Whelihan's Pub + Restaurant [Downingtown]
Ranked #21 of 73 Restaurants in Downingtown
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Description: We're a large neighborhood pub that caters to a wide variety of Downingtown locals. On any day you'll find businessmen enjoying lunch, college kids watching the game, families out for a meal or singles meeting up for happy hour. That's why our menu and beer selection are full of variety and updated regularly, and there's always something on special. There are lots of local craft beers represented, while drink specials and weekend entertainment provide a friendly atmosphere for friends to gather and party the night away. Check out our menu and daily specials.
Downingtown, Pennsylvania
“Fast service!”
Reviewed February 3, 2013

We visited on a Sunday afternoon, and it was somewhat quiet in the restaurant. Our food arrived very quickly and was scrumptious. They have a number of different sauces you can have on various food items, so it's fun to pick the sauce you want.

I would have given it a 5-star review if it weren't for what I consider to be an inappropriate picture on the wall. It's a rock-star theme, which is fine, but I didn't need to sit under and large photo of Madonna and Britney Spears kissing each other. Particularly, I didn't want my children to sit and stare at that. It seems to me that there are plenty of appropriate pictures of rock stars to choose from. This was beneath the restaurant and lacked class. I'll pick a restaurant that's more family friendly next time.

• Visited February 2013

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Good wings, drinks make it a good bet”
Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

I've gone to PJs many times over the past couple years and I've found the service to be good with moments of great. I like their wings, burgers and vast beer selection so PJs is one of my fav local places. They recently came up with a specialty burger on a pretzel roll. Can't beat it.

PA
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“nice place”
Reviewed January 22, 2013

Nice place to gather with friends and family. Good food, nice atmosphere, good service, dim so you don't feel like you are in the spot light.and outdoor seating year round.

Visited December 2012
EXTON, PA
“Just average, make sure your food is hot”
Reviewed August 27, 2012

Went here with husband and baby, it was really noisy, but we sort of expected that. There was a bunch of waiters/waitresses standing around yakking, the guy who seated us seemed like he was on the verge of dying, it pained him to even utter the words...enjoy your meal.....thankfully our waitress was really nice. She was very kind to our little one and brought her crayons so this is definitely a place you can take a toddler. The food was just so-so, the crab dip was cold, we did get our food very quickly but it was all lukewarm. I got the turkey reuben and the turkey tasted a little old so I didnt eat much of it. The wings weren't the greatest but we did order a cocktail and they seemed very stiff so that was one good point. Other than that, nothing really blew our mind, it is just your typical bar/restaurant, prices could have been lower but we were thankful the waitress was quick and got us out of there as fast as she could. There's a ton of tv's in there so if nothing else, you can watch a game or something.

• Visited August 2012
Downingtown, Pennsylvania, United States
“Good pub food with great beer selection”
Reviewed August 26, 2012

Great beer selection with good wing selection (several sauces) and sandwiches. Several great salads. Lots of TV to see different sports.

Visited July 2012