“Very Good Food and ambiance”
Review of Firecreek Restaurant and Bar - CLOSED

Firecreek Restaurant and Bar
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Brandywine Avenue
Description: Firecreek has preserved and rehabbed a former paper mill into one of Chester County's finest dining experiences. An open kitchen puts you right into the action. Come sit at our Chefs table and have a front seat with a culinary view. Al fresco dining for the warmer months treat you with panoramic views of the Brandywine River. An extensive wine list with daily specials and live music appeals to all. Come join us for dinner seven days a week, or stop in for lunch Monday through Friday. Now rated by Zagat! view our reveiw at: http://www.zagat.com/Verticals/PropertyDetails.aspx?VID=8&R=146114
Downingtown, Pennsylvania
“Very Good Food and ambiance”
Reviewed June 5, 2013

The food here is great. The decor and setting also are fantastic. As good as the food is, I do feel that it is a bit over-priced, but this is still a great place to go for special meals, knowing that you will overpay a bit.

Visited April 2013

Phila., Pa
“Great ambiance & service”
Reviewed May 25, 2013

We had a party of six on a Friday evening for dinner. When we arrived, early, our table was already prepared for us and we were seated immediately. Our server was very friendly, professional and had a thorough knowledge of the menu and how items are prepared. Since we were chatting and not looking at the menu, the server was quite willing to return several times to check in to see if we were ready to order drinks and appetizers. We were very impressed with the service in every way. The wine list is limited, but good. Two of us ordered the beet salad, which was very good. Entrees were a mixed bag. Two of us had the pork chop - very thick, tender and delicious. Served with mashed sweet potatoes - heavy on the nutmeg. Also served with brussels sprouts cooked with bacon. Tasty but very salty. One of us had scallops which were undercooked, but OK. Desserts were another mixed bag. Bread pudding made with donuts was only OK. I had the Chocolate chip cake with strawberries, a hint of orange and ameretto cream. Very good, but the chocolate chip cake could have been better without the chips - maybe just a dense pound cake would be better.
Since it was a chilly night, we couldn't take advantage of the patio. I would love to return for this experience.

philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
“great time!”
Reviewed May 22, 2013

I recently took my family out to celebrate a special evening at firecreek. We sat outside with Brian who was an excellent server (ask for him!) very educated on the entire food menu. My wife had the Nola' shrimp per Brians recommendation, my parents both had the Mahi Mahi and I had the chili dusted salmon, all per the servers recommendation, all AMAZING! Great flavors. We wanted a bottle of wine that would work with all of our dishes (I didn’t think one would do it). We were brought a tasting of a garnacha, again from our servers recommendation, and wow, spot on with every dish on the table!

Congratulation’s management and chef, you have really put together an amazing place in the heart of Downingtown!!

Pennsylvania
“A little too artistic”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

The restaurant is nice inside. Parking is in the rear and a little hard to find. There are a lot of options to choose from on the menu. However, for me there was just a little too much salt and a little too spicy. I love healthy fare and organic. They can definitely be that kind of restaurant, but need to stay on track. So easy for someone in the kitchen to be heavy handed on the salt. Don't try so hard. All you need is a good food and good atmosphere and a good cook. You've got everything you need. BTW: The fries were crispy, hot and fresh. Excellent fries!

P.S. Had a little issue with my Coupon, but the manager handled it so that we left happy.

Philadelphia, PA
“Wow, this was a hard place to rate. Read on.”
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Lets start with the positives and high marks:

Ambience is very cozy/romantic especially if you are in the side room with the fire burning.
Creative menu
Entrees were very fresh & tasty! My crab cakes were chock full of crabmeat and little filler.
Good drinks.

And now the negatives...

Appetizer came very quick, Calamari, that was a little undercooked for my taste, rather slow to get entrees to the table. Warm Bread was good with the tapenade/chutney (whatever it's called!) but we were never offered more. I asked to substitute my risotto for vegetables. I received broccoli & carrots. The broccoli was grilled with nothing added to it, so it had a mildly charred flavor...that was a palate turnoff. When my entree arrived, I asked was there any sort of remulade sauce for the crab cakes in the house; She stated that she would check. Never got back to me.

Menu is Ala Carte. You'll want a side with your entree. Puts the place in to the $$$ category.
Waitress never checked backed. Pretty much left us alone.

I wouldn't return for dinner, but I would go back for drinks and appetizers or small plates.

GREAT AMBIENCE!