“Awesome food, great service”
Review of Don Julio - CLOSED

Don Julio
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Description: Authentic Mexican Cuisine with more than 40 different platters and drinks.
“Awesome food, great service”
Reviewed August 31, 2013 via mobile

The food looked and tasted very good. They serve free chips that tasted great. The staff was nice and cared about our satisfaction. Bring a Mexican beer and your set for a great dinner!

• Visited May 2013

Wyomissing, Pennsylvania
“Ay, caramba!”
Reviewed August 24, 2013

Good food, good service, good decor, BYOB, free parking. They also serve a free Margarita with each dinner, but that probably won't last too long. They opened just 3 months ago and are not well known yet. I found out them about on this site. Portions are large. My wife had the molcajete (see the menu), and I had the fajita combo. Each platter comes with 5 sides: rice, beans, lettuce, pico d'gallo & sour cream. We each took about half of our dinners home with us. Prices are right too. We'll go back

• Visited August 2013
Douglassville
“The Best Mexican Food I've Found in Pennsylvania”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

I have eaten Mexican food in Mexico and Southern California countless times and Don Julio's definitely has delicious, authentic, fresh Mexican food that's not laden with tons of cheese like most places in the U.S. Both the red and green enchiladas are fantastic and their specialty grilled chicken dishes are so good with generous portions. The made-to-order fruit waters are also great. I don't think you can really go wrong with any of the menu items, and everything has a very affordable price point. This is a weekly dining spot for my family and me, and I also hope it stays a BYO.

Limerick, Pennsylvania
“Never thought we'd find good Mexican again. WRONG!”
Reviewed June 10, 2013

We moved here from Southern California about two years ago, expecting to never have good Mexican food again. After trying several restaurants -- some terrible, some decent but not great -- we are thrilled with Don Julio!

The food is delicious, and the prices are reasonable (almost too good to be true); we've tried the fajitas, enchiladas verdes, carne asada tacos, and sopes de tinga, and they were all terrific. The salsas are flavorful and spicy without being overpowering. It's a BYOB, but they also have a fun selection of non-alcoholic beverages (agua de sandia!). The place is clean, bright and cheerful, and the servers have been friendly and attentive on both our visits thus far.

We went once on a Saturday night for dinner, and once on a Sunday at about 4:00pm (because we were on our way back home from an event). They absolutely doted on us Sunday, checking in and bringing refills and giving us free dessert. Yes, the service was a little slow on that peak-time Saturday, but I was happy to see the place was busy! If you want faster service, maybe try going on a (non-Friday) weeknight, or a Sunday, until they iron out the logistical wrinkles of weekend dinner rush. This is a brand-new restaurant, and to me it's worth the wait to support a local small business with great food. I'm only giving it four stars instead of five because there's room for improvement in any new restaurant, and I look forward to seeing how they grow.

Denver, Colorado
“Delicious , authentic, plentiful, great value with pleasant service!”
Reviewed June 6, 2013 via mobile

A new place serving fresh, authentic Mexican food. A great find with pleasant and attentive service! Had shrimp fajitas and burrito with Carne asada. Enough for 4!

1 Thank Beachlaxmom