“Great Anniversary Place”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed October 19, 2012

We often go to Yellow House Hotel for our anniversary. Its a splurge for scrimpers like us. Maybe $100 for dinner and drinks for 2. Great food and nice ambiance. In a lovely farm land setting.

About an hour from Philadelphia.

Reviewed October 17, 2012

we been going to yellow house for quite a few years. food has been very good. but this last
time it was just average. brunch is one of our favorite meals, there was no bling on the menu.
the server was very good and the nine of use keep him on his toes. I hope next time we go (it will be awhile) the food has the quality and bling it use to have.

Reviewed October 8, 2012

My wife, daughter & I recently had dinner at the Yellow House Hotel. We hadn't been there for at least 10 years or so. We had a gift certificate so we thought that we would go during the middle of the week. When we arrived, we were asked if we had a reservation. We hadn't...No problem. We were seated right away in the back room.The hotel has that down home cozy feeling to it. Our server came over promply & asked if we wanted anything to drink. My daughter & I had raspberry tea. My wife just water. He brought them out right away with 3 warm rolls. My daughter had cream of broccoli soup & I had a creole soup (A little heat} Both tasted Great! For Dinner my wife had Chicken & Crab, I had Seafood Alfredo & my daughter had some sort of chicken as one of the specials. She asked if she could have pasta instead of a potato...No problem. The waiter asked if she wanted it on the side or under the chicken? My daughter said that it didn't matter...under would be fine. Our waiter came back saying that the chef recommended on the side because the 2 different sauces. (A nice suggestion that some places wouldn't have done) All were prepaired perfectly! My Alfredo had tons of large scallops & shrmp. I usually can eat a lot, but had a hard time finishing it all. My daughter ended up taking some of her's home. While a little on the higher price side, don't be distracted. Well worth every penny!!!

Reviewed September 19, 2012

Pork BBQ sandwich, Corn & Crab Fritters and soups are all winners! We always enjoy the crab cakes as well. The have a good selection of apps, entrees and sandwiches - something for everyone. We sat in the bar area and there is additional items available in this area. They are updating their Happy Hour menu and I'm sure it will be great.

Reviewed September 6, 2012

Elegant to casual dining - with great food and service. Never a disappointment. On weekends, best to make a reservation.