“Good Food”

Black Dog Pub
Ranked #6 of 10 Restaurants in Donegal
Cuisines: American
Reviewed June 5, 2014

I must agree with other reviewers- the atmosphere is not exciting. Located on a lovely golf course, I would have preferred eating outside had the weather been more cooperative. But inside, the most picturesque thing about this place is the name. BUT don't let the lackluster décor send you away. The menu, although not extensive, had a nice variety of items. We started with zucchini fries, which were excellent. My husband and daughter both choose the steak sandwich, which came with no sauce but lots of meat and cheese. I had a turkey sandwich with grilled peppers and onions- quite tasty though again lacking any condiment. All three sandwiches came with homemade chips which were very good. For the amount and quality of food, the prices were very reasonable.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

Had dinner here as part of a wedding rehearsal dinner. The back room, where we were seated was a little cramped but the food was delicious. Very nice wait staff.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

Felt like being in a diner - all open tables, no booths, felt that everyone in the place could hear our dinner conversation. Food was decent. No atmosphere at all.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

Was passing through the area and took the recommendation from the front desk at one of the local motels.
The pub is associated with a local golf course. My wife and I were unsure about the pub and almost walked out. The decor is a little dated. Luckily for us, a waitress walked by with plates of food as we were sitting having a drink and it looked and smelled great.
We were happy we stayed. We had wings and burgers, although some at the bar were enjoying more elaborate meals.
The wings were fried to perfection and had a very good sweet-chili sauce. The burgers were cooked perfectly to order and really were satisfying after a long day on the road.
I had inquired about the wing sauce prior to ordering as I was unsure of the description. The manager came out twice as we were eating to make sure we were satisfied with our choice.
I was also pleasantly surprised by the price. Mixed drinks and wine were $4.00. I had a top shelf vodka, on the rocks, for $5.00.
While I don't anticipate being in the area again anytime soon, I would strongly recommend this place.

3  Thank RUGBY_S2K
Reviewed September 19, 2013

This is a very good place to eat, very reasonable. Specials every night, Saturday nights special is the Prime Rib, which is very good as is the Catfish. Sandwiches are big and quite good, I love there Reuben's very very good! Best reasonable place in the Laurel Highlands.

1  Thank GidgetCancun

Been to Black Dog Pub? Share your experiences!