“Highly recommend this as a jumping off point for Seven Springs”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Donegal
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Donegal
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Highly recommend this as a jumping off point for Seven Springs”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2014

Very friendly day staff as I was on my own, this counted to me alot. Not such friendly night staff who didn't even say hi when I walked in to the hotel.
Pool was abit cold, jacuzzi was great but very busy with screaming kids the weekend I was there so not so pleasant, but I was fortunate enough to have a jacuzzi in my room so was able to chill out there after a long day's skiing.
I great location for Hidden Valley and Seven Spring too. The day staff went above and beyond duty to check times of the slopes, and one (who's name I sadly can't remember) gave me the low down on what to see on the way back to Pittsburgh, so I had a great time on my way there too :-)

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back of the hotel if you don't like traffic noise.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Helen_fusion
HIEXDonegal, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Donegal, responded to this review, March 29, 2014
Thank you for choosing our location and for leaving us a review about your stay. I'm happy to see that you were able to relax in a Jacuzzi suite since the pool was busy on the night of your stay. I'm also thrilled that our front desk morning staff was able to give you information about Seven Springs and different activities in the area. We look forward to your next visit with us!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Beaver Falls, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2014

from check in to check out this one is wonderful. A do over for sure. The staff was extremely friendly the room and the rest of the hotel was spotlessly clean. the room was spacious and the bed very comfortable. The pool and hot tub were wonderful after a long day. The breakfast bar was awesome, so many selections and everything hot, fresh, and delicious. We had a great time recharging our batteries and will return again no doubt about it.If they would just add a restaurant and a lounge there would be no reason to leave.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MaritaandBobB
HIEXDonegal, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Donegal, responded to this review, March 19, 2014
Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Express and Suites of Donegal for your lodging needs. I'm thrilled that you had a wonderful stay and enjoyed the different amenities we offer. I will pass on your compliments, which we appreciate greatly, to each department and let them know to keep up the great job! Thank you so much for a fabulous review and we look forward to your next stay with us!
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2014

I had a wonderful time at this hotel. Although the swimming pool was temporarily out of service, they informed me before checking in, and they accommodated me to both of our satisfaction. Later that evening both of my children wanted take-out, front desk had a variety of menu’s available within a few miles from the hotel to choose from. We ordered take out from a wonderful diner about a mile from the hotel and food was excellent. We checked out feeling very satisfied with our vacation! Staff was wonderful and my children enjoyed everything ESPECIALLY the free cookies the staff made =)

Room Tip: We had a room that had two beds and a couch/bed, very spacey and comfortable!
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank JillianN0316
HIEXDonegal, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Donegal, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Thank you so much for a wonderful review! I'm thrilled that we were able to help make your vacation enjoyable and memorable. I would also like to thank you for being patient with us while our pool and spa was unexpectedly down for maintenance. We can't wait for your next stay with us!
Satelite Beach
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2014 via mobile

This hotel was the worst I have ever experienced. Pool was out of service, hot tub had no service. Location sucked. No food in the area. Staff does not know how to bill correctly. Furthermore, after calling 5 days later I got to hear front office staff complain about customers. Bad for business.

Stayed February 2014
1 Thank Fran M
HIEXDonegal, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Donegal, responded to this review, March 8, 2014
Thank you so much for leaving us a review about your recent stay. I would like to apologize that our pool and hot tub was unexpectedly out of service at the time of your stay. We were working closely with the pool company to get it up and running as quickly as possible. After reviewing your billing I do see that it was correct, however, holds on credit cards do take 5 to 10 days to process. I'm sorry that you didn't find our location convenient to Seven Springs, nor liked any restaurants in the area. Please know that all of your feedback has been noted and the appropriate actions have been taken. We strive for excellent customer service and in providing us with your thoughts and concerns it lets us know where we can improve.
New York / Washington, D.C.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2014

I love this hotel. Perfect for anyone, not just the budget-minded. The staff is very friendly. The housekeepers were all lovely and everyone of them greeted me in the hallways. The property has a wonderful mountain/ski lodge motif. Very, very clean and quiet. Only 2 years old. Rooms are spacious, beautifully decorated, very comfortable and include a refrigerator. Conveniently located just off Donegal turnpike exit with restaurants and ski rental shops all around you. Only 15 minutes from Hidden Valley and Seven Springs. For the overall value, I give it 5 stars.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank ShannonNYC
HIEXDonegal, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Donegal, responded to this review, February 28, 2014
Thank you so much for leaving us a review about your recent stay. I'm delighted to see that you had a wonderful experience and enjoyed the different amenities we offer. I will be sure to tell our staff of your kind words and to keep up the good work. We look forward to your future visits!
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2014

My family stayed at this hotel Feb 13-15 for skiing at Seven Springs. The hotel is just off of the PA turnpike and only about 10-15 minutes from the ski resort. This hotel is fantastic for the price - much more than you would expect from a Holiday Inn. I have a family of 4 (2 boys of 9/12) and we were comfortable in the larger 2 bedroom suite room. The rooms and public areas are extremely clean and the pool/hot-tub are high quality (not bland like you would normally see at a Holiday Inn). The lodge decor is really cool and perfect for a ski getaway feel. The free breakfast was great and my kids LOVED the free cookies in the lobby. Staff was very friendly too. Also, highly recommend the "Out of the Fire" restaurant that is less than a mile away (BYOB and awesome food)!

We will certainly return to this hotel.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank REW_2012
HIEXDonegal, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Donegal, responded to this review, February 19, 2014
Thank you for stopping by Tripadvisor to leave us a review. I'm thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us along with the pool and cookies! We look forward to your next stay with us!
Ford City, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2014

Hotel was beautifully decorated for Christmas very rustic staff was friendly and courteous. We had a Group get together to go sled riding at hidden valley resort. Some of are friends stayed 1 night at Hidden valley resort and checked out and booked rest of there stay at Holiday Inn. Was a fun get away with friends. The breakfast was superior way above what we expected as a continental breakfast. Rooms were relaxing beds so comfy and was excited to have several pillows to rest my head. Staff was so friendly and helpful with planing our outngs and resturants to dine at. thanks for a great stay,we will be back in the future. I will be spreading the word of this great place.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Hosenhag310
HIEXDonegal, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Donegal, responded to this review, January 29, 2014
Thank you so much for stopping by TA to leave us feedback about your recent stay. I'm delighted to see that you enjoyed your room and found everything to your liking. Providing excellent customer service is very important to us so I'll be sure to pass on your kind words to our staff and let them know to keep up the great work. We look forward to your next stay with us!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Donegal
Holiday Inn Express Somerset
Holiday Inn Express Mt. Pleasant-E Huntingdon
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#5 of 12 in Somerset

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Donegal? Share your experiences!