“BEST HOLIDAY INN PERIOD!!!”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Donegal
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Donegal
Reviewed May 18, 2013

This is by far hands down the best holiday inn that I have ever stayed in! The hotel room which is what matters the most was absolutely amazing! I was driving home from Ohio with my girlfriend and after a long drive around 2am I was extremely tired we could not find a hotel for miles because it was the Pittsburgh Marathon or Bikeathon and all the hotels were booked. I drove about 30 minutes past Pittsburgh with some heavy eyes and finally decided to turn off the Turnpike to hopefully find a hotel. I didn't think from the outside that the room was going to be so spectacular. A Jacuzzi in the room next to the bed in front of the television was the best thing a man could ask for! The ladies at the front desk were super nice and were quick to contact me the day after when I left my phone at the front desk! The Main thing that blew my mind was how soft the towels were in the shower!!! People who travel a lot know exactly what I'm talking about; hotels usually have some rough towels but this Holiday Inn I knew would have amazingly soft towels after I saw the bedroom. Great Hotel, Great Staff, Great Stay!!!

Room Tip: Just make sure you have a Jacuzzi in the room
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
HIEXDonegal, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Donegal, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write that awesome review! We are so pleased that we were able to accommodate you and and that you enjoyed your stay with us (especially the towels, we think soft towels are a must). We hope to see you back on any future visits to the area.

Reviewed May 8, 2013

I was confident that this hotel would be a good choice, based on TA reviews. All I can say is...

WOW

A beautiful hotel. Less than 2 years old. Helpful friendly staff. Great free breakfast buffet. Gorgeous indoor swimming pool. Fitness Center. Beautiful rooms, nicely appointed. Free internet.

It looks like it should be a lodge in the West. Beautiful mountain/western motifs. Absolutely gorgeous.

The staff was very friendly and helpful. When asked for restaurant suggestions for dinner they gave us a list (several pages long) with restaurant name, address and short description. This hotel owner does things right!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank onemoreroad
HIEXDonegal-GM, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Donegal, responded to this reviewResponded May 11, 2013

Thank you so much for writing us a review on TA. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our property and that we were able to accommodate you. We are also pleased to see that you liked the decor and the different amenities the hotel has to offer. Please stop back on any future visits you may have planned for the area!

Reviewed May 2, 2013

We stayed here one night in April - what a nice place to stay! The hotel was immaculately clean, the staff welcoming and friendly and the rooms were large and comfortable. The bathrooms were a good size. The price was very reasonable (but we were in the off season so not sure if this holds true year round). The free breakfast was very nice and there was free wi-fi in the rooms. There was an indoor pool but we did not use it.

The hotel was maybe a mile off the PA Turnpike. We needed a place to stay for the night and I did not want somewhere that was in the middle of nowhere. There were a few places to eat in the vicinity, gas station, convenience store, etc. I would definitely stay here again if the situation calls for it.

The only "negative" I could see was that there single elevator - not a problem for us as the hotel was not busy, but could see where it might be annoying during ski season when lugging all of your equipment around.

Room Tip: As there is only a single elevator (with a sign that says it tends to overheat during periods of hea...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
HIEXDonegal-GM, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Donegal, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2013

Thank you for stopping by Tripadvisor and reviewing our property! We are happy to see that we were able to accommodate you while you were in the area. We also appreciate your detailed feedback as it helps us to provide our guests with a comfortable stay. We hope to see you back again!

Reviewed April 18, 2013

My wife and I recently spent a night here on our way to Falling Water and throughly enjoyed the experience. The decor and the nearby ski area indicate that it seeks the ski trade. It is faux lodge decor but a refreshing difference from the usual Holiday Inn fare. It was off season and so was very quiet. Though it is near the Pa. turnpike, it is far enough off it to have no road noise.

The room was spacious and afforded us a great night's sleep. The breakfast was the usual fare and did the job. The staff were helpful and accomodating. It was good value

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
HIEXDonegal-GM, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Donegal, responded to this reviewResponded April 20, 2013

Thank you so much for coming to Tripadvisor to write a review! It's wonderful to hear that we were able to meet your needs on your trip to Falling Water. We strive to make our guests' stays spectacular and we love to hear that we are doing just that. We hope to see you back again on any future visits!

Reviewed April 16, 2013

We stayed here on April 11 and then again on April 14. We were on our way to a wedding in Cleveland, and wanted a convenient stop to breakup our trip and meet up with our family, also traveling to Cleveland. On the way home, we were all going to Fallingwater on April 15.

I had a few questions about accommodations and special requests. I sent my questions via email and the manager, Jessica, answered within 5 minutes. I later found out she wasn't even working at the time of her response. When I did make my reservations online, I forgot to select a room type. Jessica contacted me to verify my bed-type request. Upon arrival, we were pleasantly greeted by staff and fresh cookies.

Everyone at the hotel was friendly and helpful. We had a little extra time to explore the area on Friday morning. We were given a handout with detailed descriptions and directions of area attractions as well recommendations. I only wish I remembered their names so I could thank them publicly.

The rooms were spacious, comfortable, and sparkling clean. We did stay one night in a suite. We found there was a shortage of outlets, and usb ports in our suite. But, I'll take cleanliness and friendly service over that anytime. The bathroom was large, modern and clean. The breakfast was comparable to complimentary breakfasts, but did have some hot entrees and a quick automatic pancake maker! The staff kept the breakfast items replenished as needed until the buffet was over.

The hotel is located in a rural area. It is convenient to outdoor recreational attractions such as skiing, rafting, hiking, and 2 Frank Lloyd Wright homes. Unless you are stopping over or participating in local leisure activities, this may not be the right place for you. But if you want 5 star treatment and a pleasant place to spend the night, I highly recommend the Holiday Inn Express!

Room Tip: Consider your electronic needs when booking a room!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
HIEXDonegal-GM, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Donegal, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2013

Thank you so much for your awesome review! We truly appreciate the detailed feedback. Jessica is our dedicated GM who we are very lucky to have lead the team. I'll be sure to pass on your kind words to everyone and I'm thrilled that we were able to accommodate you and your family. We hope to see you back in the future!

Reviewed April 7, 2013

My wife and I stayed at this hotel one night April 6 - April 7, 2013. The property is clean and modern. Our room had a Jacuzzi on one side of the bedroom. The air conditioning unit for the bedroom is quiet. The queen bed was comfortable. The room also had a small table with two chairs and a small flat screen television. The bathroom fan is quite loud. The night was quiet, despite close proximity to the highway. The breakfast buffet had a nice variety of cereals, yogurt, eggs, bacon, sausage, and biscuits with gravy. The breakfast area overlooks the pool, which we did not use. The staff was friendly. We would recommend to anyone needing to stay in the area.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
HIEXDonegal-GM, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Donegal, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2013

Thank you for reviewing our hotel. It is always nice to hear feedback from recent stays. We are also happy to hear you enjoyed your stay in a Jacuzzi Suite. Hopefully you were able to relax and enjoy yourselves. We strive to make our guests' stays comfortable and a home away from home. We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed April 3, 2013

We spent one night here after a wedding. The room was clean and nicely appointed. The breakfast provided was nice - better than most complimentary breakfasts. I would stay here again. We did not use the pool or hot tub but another couple from the same wedding used the hot tub twice and said that they really enjoyed it.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
HIEXDonegal-GM, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Donegal, responded to this reviewResponded April 6, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We greatly appreciate guest feedback and are happy hear we were able to accommodate you during your stay with us. We are glad you found the breakfast we serve a notch above the rest. Hopefully we will see you back again so you can have the opportunity to check out the pool and hot tub!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Donegal
Holiday Inn Express Somerset
Foggy Mountain Lodge
#1 of 1 in Stahlstown
Wingate by Wyndham Latrobe
SpringHill Suites Pittsburgh Latrobe

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Donegal? Share your experiences!