“One of the best Holiday Inn Express Hotels I've seen”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Donegal
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Donegal
Midland, Michigan
“One of the best Holiday Inn Express Hotels I've seen”
Reviewed March 31, 2012

NICE place! Looks new. The lobby is awesome and so are the rooms. They have a guest of the day program and if you are chosen you get a great upgrade and other nice amenities. There aren't a lot of hotels in the area but this is the one to stay at if you are nearby. I will most certainly return when I'm in the area. My room(s)! were huge. I had a bedroom, living room with hotub and kitchen area, the bathroom was huge and everything was spotlessly clean. Well done to the entire staff!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank michigander311
HIEXDonegal-GM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Donegal, responded to this review, April 9, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We appreciate all of your feedback! We love hearing from our Guest of the Day's! It seems as though you were in one of our favorite rooms; glad you enjoyed the extra space. We will definitely pass the word along to the staff to keep up the work! We are looking forward to your future travels!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed March 24, 2012

I stay in hotels about 12-15 nights a year and I can honestly say this hotel ranks in the top 3 of all hotels I've stayed. I loved the woodsy/cabin decor. Rooms were spacious and clean. I made a note on my reservation that I wanted a room by the pool and they actually had it ready. I didn't have to ask or remind them as I do in most hotels. The breakfast was very good with a great variety of foods. What amazed me the most was the desk staff actually cared what I thought of the hotel. They took it personally. It didn't seem like it was just a place to work to them. With very easy access off of the turnpike (no more than a mile) I would stay here in a heartbeat over other hotels along the turnpike. Trust me on this one!!!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for such a wonderful review! We appreciate you staying with us, and we are very happy to hear your feedback! We do our best to grant each guest request and love that we were able to do so with your room preference. The entire staff takes great pride in our hotel, and we are happy to see that you noticed. I will make sure they all see your review to keep up the good work! We are looking forward to your future visit next time you are traveling the turnpike. Have a great day!
Bolivar, Ohio
Reviewed March 16, 2012

There has been a need for a PriorityClub hotel along the PA Turnpike between Breezewood and New Stanton, and that need has been answered with this new facility in Donegal. First, it appears different. There's a rustic look with rough hewn appearing railings and staircases as well as a more natural look to the lobby and dining area. Beyond that though the place is entirely at the top end of the HI Express standard of service. The HI Express line consistently tends to be very clean and modern but somehow this hotel also adds a bit additional something to the decor of the rooms that departs from the white walled sameness that marks most business hotels and makes it diffficult to determine if you've woken up in Nebraska or New Jersey. This hotel appears to be local to a number of natural tourist venues, but quite frankly, my sole interest was a location that saved me another couple hour run into Breezewood. I will be back and soon.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
HIEXDonegal-GM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Donegal, responded to this review, March 18, 2012
Thank you for taking time to review our property. We were just as excited to open along the PA Turnpike as you were! We are also happy to hear you appreciate the rustic decor the hotel has to offer. We agree,it is refreshing to be a little different in appearance than the average hotel. Thank you very much for recognizing our service, that is one of the main aspects we strive for. We are excited to have you staying with us again in the near future! Safe travels.
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed March 16, 2012

I recently stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in Donegal,Pa. What a delight!! I have been a Platinum Priority Club member for over 5 years and have stayed in dozens of properties across the U.S. and Canada...This one is my all time favorite!! The rooms were very spacious and clean and the staff were very professional. Its very obvious that the Management has strives to put customer service as their top priority!! Ive stayed in places that haunted me for days...but this one was a breath of fresh air!!! Kudos to management and staff!!!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
HIEXDonegal-GM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Donegal, responded to this review, March 24, 2012
Thank you for the wonderful comments about the hotel and the staff! I am glad to hear that you consider our hotel a "rose in a sea of thorns" as we take alot of pride in our property and the enthusiasm of the staff to provide exceptional customer service! We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to the area!
Donegal, Pennsylvania
Reviewed March 8, 2012

If all Holiday Inns had employees as eager and willing to insure my stay was at or above my expectations as Kayla from the Donegal location does, I wouldn't be a platinum Hilton Honors member as well as a platinum rewards member... Kayla is always going above and beyond to insure a perfect stay!

Keep up the great work and positive attitude that keeps me staying at this location when i'm in town!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write a review, we appreciate your great feedback! We also appreciate your Platinum Membership with Priority Club Rewards. We will definitely pass the word onto Kayla to keep up the great work. She is a valued member of our staff and it is great to hear that she is going above and beyond for our guests. Thank you again, and we will see you in future stays!
Peoria, Illinois, USA
Reviewed February 28, 2012

The lobby atmosphere and room decorations were thematic but tasteful - they contributed to the hotel being more interesting and memorable than your average nice but fairly standard lodging. The room/bathroom was very spacious and clean. The room featured a comfortable chair with ottoman which made catching up on work much relaxing than might otherwise be expected. I echo the sentiment other travelers noted about the switch in the bathroom; however, I found it more curious than actually irksome. The location is right off of the highway and very convenient for travelers.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank CathyHS
HIEXDonegal-GM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Donegal, responded to this review, March 2, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate the great feedback! We are very happy to hear you enjoyed your time with us. Glad to hear you were able to do some work while you were in Donegal, but we hope you got to explore the area a little bit too. We hope to see you again in the future! Happy Traveling!
Bel Air, Maryland
Reviewed February 27, 2012

We ski at nearby 7 Springs each year for 3-4 days and this was our first stay at this hotel - I believe it opened for business in July 2011. Great location right off the Interstate and the accommodations were nice including a clean room. The hotel finishes had a "lodge" theme which was different, and all the other usuals that you get from a HI Express were present: business center, in-room internet/fridge/flat screen/micro, fitness center, daily breakfast, etc. This one has a pool & hot tub also, which was good for the kids after a long day of skiing. It was packed during our stay @Feb 17-20, and the morning breakfast rush was sometimes a nightmare if you got there late - nothing the hotel could do about, just a lot of hungry mouths. Hit breakfast early!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the road (to the west - better view)