“Convenient to Falling Water with Friendly Staff”
Review of Days Inn Donegal

Days Inn Donegal
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Donegal
Western New York
“Convenient to Falling Water with Friendly Staff”
Reviewed April 20, 2010

This hotel is right off the turnpike and a half-hour's drive to Fallingwater-- the purpose of our visit. The hotel had clear driving directions available to that site as well as other points of interest. The room was clean and the staff was very helpful and friendly. The expanded continental breakfast was a surprise: cereal, english muffins, and waffles, were offered along with the usual danish, all self-serve. The only downside I could mention is if you are a light sleeper, the outside walls are thin and I could hear the turnpike traffic and other patrons walking outside. Overall, a good value for a good location to such a rural destination as Fallingwater.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
pa
Reviewed April 11, 2010

Bathroom had mold growing around the window, all the lightswitches were filthy, smelled musty and the beds were way too soft. The bedspreads had visual dirt and stains on them. No irons or ironing boards. We had a room in the motel part of the property. Perhaps the main building is nicer. For $10 more I have stayed a MUCH nicer hotels.One positive is its location.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Donegal hotels

West Virginia
Reviewed March 8, 2010

We have not had the best of luck with the Days Inn chain of hotels but since we were only going to stay over night, I ignored my gut feeling and made my reservation online. When I got to the hotel to check in, I was told that I had reserved two rooms. When I told the desk clerk that I had only reserved ONE room, I was told that she did not know what happened but I had reserved TWO rooms. Luckily, I had printed my confirmation out because I had to go to the truck and get it to prove that I had only reserved one room. The clerk finally cancelled the second reservation. I had read a previous review that mentioned stains on the bedspread and, quite honestly, I thought the reviewer was just being picky. That is, until we got into our room. The bedspreads were solid gold colored and there were definitely stains all over them. One would think that a patterned or darker colored bedspread would be a much better idea. The room was decently clean. The shower was horrible...very little pressure and the water temperature alternated between ice cold and scalding hot. The only good thing I can say is that the game room was awesome. It was staffed and stocked with a ticketing system with prizes. My 9 year old enjoyed it very much. The next time I travel to Seven Springs, I will definitely plan ahead make reservations at the lodge.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
Chicago
Reviewed February 23, 2010

I had a great experience at the Days Inn Donegal. It is right off the turn pike so it was a very convenient stop, and it is close to Seven Springs which I loved. On top of that, it was very reasonably priced. The staff was wonderful and very accomodating. The rooms were very modern and well taken care of, very clean and comfortable. The free breakfast was one of the best I've had. I would definitely stay there again and I would recommend this hotel to anyone!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family
Pittsburgh
Reviewed February 23, 2010

I stayed at this hotel while traveling through Western PA. This hotel was newly renovated. Rooms were very comfortable, modern and very clean. The beautiful countryside was very relaxing and the staff was friendly and accommodating. I look forward to traveling here this summer with my family.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank PghTravelDiva
Beachville,Ontario
Reviewed February 21, 2010

It was the only hotel/motel in the area and when I went to the front desk I was very impressed(no need to see the room first). Boy was I wrong. If I had checked th room first I would not have stayed, but we were very tired. Could here the road traffic all night. It was a block building and that was the decorating, bathroom all I can say was CEMENT,lots of cement. I will check the room from now on no matter how nice the Lobby. Lee Walsh, Beachville Ontario, Canada

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
Norfolk, VA
Reviewed December 3, 2009

I don't know what provoked some of the negative reviews on this site. I travel all over the country for business and have stayed in all sorts of hotels. I chose this hotel because it was close to the turnpike and was reasonably priced. I had a great stay here. It was very comfortable and the free breakfast was great! If I'm ever in the area again, I will definitely be bringing my business back here. Keep up the good work!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Donegal
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Donegal
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#3 of 12 in Somerset
Cobblestone Hotel & Suite - Connellsville

Been to Days Inn Donegal? Share your experiences!