“friendly staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Days Inn Donegal

Days Inn Donegal
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Donegal

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2013

My family recently spent the weekend skiing at Seven Springs. We wanted to stay at the Holiday Inn Express but they were full, so we booked a room on Saturday night at the Days Inn. Starting at about 10:30 until about 3:00 am, it was non stop talking and noise in the hallway outside our room. My wife had earplugs in and my son is young enough that he can sleep through anything, but I was up most of the night. This is what happens when you stay at cheap hotels. It was almost like some of these people had never stayed in a hotel before. Never again. Save yourself some problems, pay the extra money or find a good bed and breakfast, but do not stay at the Days Inn.

Room Tip: Pick a room in another hotel.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Andrea C, Manager at Days Inn Donegal, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Dear rsoxman,

I am so sorry to hear that you experienced a noisy night during your stay with us. We take great pride and concern in our our guest's comfort and quality of stay and want to make sure that a restful night is had by all. We are staffed 24 hours and do make rounds throughout the hotel, so I sincerely apologize that we were not able to eliminate any noise issues that you encountered. I am not sure if you spoke with our front desk or night staff directly that evening, as we do try to correct any problems that might occur at that time. Please accept my sincerest apologies and thank you for bringing this to our attention. I hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the future.
Singapore
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2012

Had a visit to Fallingwater and Kentuck Knob, and was choosing between staying in Uniontown or Donegal.
I would say Donegal is probably closer to those attractions, and since it was for a single night stay, Days Inn was totally adequate for our purposes.
There is also a Holiday Inn Express nearby which is more expensive. So if you are less budgety, that would probably be a better choice.

I'm not sure why, our GPS couldn't locate the days inn establishment, and i had to use my smartphone to locate it in the end through google maps. Not sure if it's because this hotel was not registered with Garmin?

Anyway, the room is prefectly reasonable. We did have a bug in the washroom, but i'm not sure if it is a stink bug as was mentioned in another review. We just settled (flushed it down the sink) it on our own, and did not request for a room change.
Another negative was that the towels doesn't look clean. There were 3 sets hung on the latch, and 2 sets looks yellowish/brownish. I'm not sure if they are not dry-cleaned properly, or it's just aged from use, but we didn't find out. We are frequent travelers, so we use our own towels which we brought.

The breakfast was fairly average, consisting of a pancake maker, bread, coffee/juice, cereals etc. Your standard fare, so i would say that there is no particular surprise there.
Wifi worked without a hitch, and all in all, i would say Days Inn did not disappoint.

There is a gas station and some places to eat just outside the hotel. (which makes sense, cause Donegal is so small)

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Livonia, Michigan
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2012

While traveling to New York City to deliver donations to victims of Hurricane Sandy, we made a pit stop at 3 am at this hotel. I had made a reservation the previous evening and I had accidentally booked a room for the following week. When I explained my error to the hotel clerk, she rudely told me there was nothing she could do about it. She said she could not move the reservation. Since we were exhausted, I paid for the room for that evening (after driving 8 hours) and decided to sort it out the next morning.

To top it off, the room was filthy. The bathroom had dirt on the sink and on the toilet. Since the door lead to outside, the noise from the highway made it difficult to sleep. In the morning, the continental breakfast consisted of frozen waffles, stale pastries, and cereal. When I discussed the issue of moving the reservation when we were leaving, the day manager insisted that only the general manager could take care of our issues.

Over the course of the next few weeks, my husband and myself called and left messages on several occasions to explain our situation (since we were charged a total of two nights for a 4 hour stay). Our calls were never returned. Finally, I contacted the Days Inn corporate office (this is a franchise location) to explain our situation. The customer service representative told me there was no reason they could not have changed the reservation the first night and assured that someone would call. Nobody ever contacted us. It was so frustrating to be punished for a simple mistake when trying to do a good deed. I will never stay at a Days Inn ever again!

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank ReaMikeLaura
Andrea C, General Manager at Days Inn Donegal, responded to this review, December 19, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to contact customer care regarding your recent stay here at the Days Inn, Donegal. We strive to provide outstanding accommodations and service and I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying. I apologize I did not receive any feedback from you during your stay or at check out that there was a problem with your accommodations as we could have addressed it while you were here. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible.

Regarding your reservation for the 15th & 16th of November, Expedia contacted us several days after your stay date of November 8th and advised us that you would not be needing that reservation and that you would not be able to make it back to the area. Unfortunately, the reservation was booked as a discounted rate that has a prepaid/no cancel restriction. If plans change and you need to change or cancel the reservation, there is no refund permitted. This is not our rule, but rather through Expedia. Additionally, please know that I never received any notification from you directly, only from Expedia on the 10th and then again on the 26th.

Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us. Feedback such as yours assists us in improving our service and property on a daily basis. It is our hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you. Again, I apologize for the inconvenience during your stay and hope to see you during your next visit.

Deborah Fox

Travelers are raving about these Donegal hotels

Shippensburg, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2012

This is by far the best place to stay for Autumnfest which takes place during the 4 weekends (Saturday and Sunday) in October at Seven Springs Mountain Resort. There is no way I would pay for the ridiculous cost that it would be to stay on the resort. Days Inn Donegal is a 5-star hotel for the area in which it is located. It is only 15 minutes away from Autumnfest. The breakfast is free and included in your stay. The breakfast is a great variety as well. The room was very clean and up to date. The most beautiful room I have stayed in for the low cost. Also, there is a nice sized arcade and game room located in its own building in the back of the property. There are two gas stations conveniently located a block away from the hotel. There is a McDonalds just a half block away. There is also a Dairy Queen, and several restaurants across the street. I will only stay at this hotel while attending Autumnfest with my family. It is that rare little gem at the end of the mountain. Thank you for your beautiful place and will see you again next year!

Room Tip: Rooms across from the pool.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Andrea C, Manager at Days Inn Donegal, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Dear Jake C,

I wanted to thank you personally for your 5 star review of the Days Inn Donegal. I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay here during your visit to Autumnfest. I truly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience and thank you for your kind words regarding our hotel cleanliness, on site amenities, free breakfast, and overall value. The staff and I also think of Days Inn as our "little gem" and we are always happy when our guests have a great experience here. We look forward to your return again next year. Thank you again!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Donegal
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Donegal
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#5 of 12 in Somerset
Holiday Inn Express Somerset

Been to Days Inn Donegal? Share your experiences!