All reviews the cottages fire pit fall trip stayed longer patricia cabin pets property firewood
Reviewed July 12, 2010

I had a reunion with an old friend here, in cottage #1. The park and waterfalls were beautiful and the proximity to them was very nice, the cottage was very cute but was very overpriced. Especially, for a place with no kitchen sink, fridge was so small that it had a problem cooling our things, no counter top to prepare anything. Some of the dishes were noticeably dirty - we only used utensils and some of them were caked with grease from someone else so we had to wash them first. The sheets were so old that they were thin and didn't stay on the bed, also they were wrinkled, looked like no one changed them. The shower was so small and the head so high that at its lowest setting it hit me in the chin. . .(I'm 5'3"). There was a missing knob for the attic fan, and last but not least there was no lock of any kind on the door, not even a latch! The owner said to not worry about it and they had never had a problem. We were very close to the highway and so the road was somewhat noisy. We didn't think it a good value. I think we could have stayed at Hampton Inn for less and I wouldn't have had to worry about my things while we were gone, or about sleeping in an unclean bed.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with friends
5  Thank wendydarling17240
Reviewed June 9, 2010

My husband and I came to celebrate my 30th birthday. We stated at cottage #1 which had everything that we needed. The garden was beautiful and the short trip to the waterfalls was unforgettable. The owner was very nice and helpfull.
This is the place to come if you are looking for a romantic weekend just outside of NY.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank RonyStav
Reviewed June 7, 2010

My daughter just graduated from college and we wanted a vacation that was not only restful but where we could enjoy the outdoors in the Poconos. We found the perfect spot at Babbling Brook Cottages. Our cottage was just so cozy and clean. Pat the owner added her own personal touch to our visit. She decorated the cottage with congratulatory banners and other decorations. She even had a bottle of wine and a cake in honor of my daughter's graduation! It was just so festive. Being so close to George Childs National Park was wonderful. It was so nice to be within walking distance. Walking to the park and enjoying the waterfalls is a wonderful way to begin or end your day. We went to several other places that were close by such as Bushkill Falls, Kittatinny Canoes, and enjoyed the town of Milford. We really enjoyed retreating to our cottage in the woods after a busy day. Pat and her staff were very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: May 2010
2  Thank catlady1010
Reviewed May 22, 2010

Unlike the other reviewers, we are not on a vacation. We live in Dingmans Ferry and had severe water damage to our house in March. We had to find a place to stay while repairs were being made, and unfortunately, they are taking much longer than expected. We could not have found a better place to stay. Pat has worked with us and extended our stay when needed. She has been in contact with our insurance company and made all arrangements for payment from them, The best part is that our dog was also welcome to stay with us. Pat and her staff are friendly and always available for any need you may have. The grounds are beautiful and the cottage is very clean. It is truly our home away from home. If you do decide to stay here, do not miss seeing Child's Park Water Falls. In my opinion, they are the most beautiful falls around. The cottages are great for a relaxing, nature filled vacation. Rabbits and deer abound and if you are lucky you will get a glance of the bear.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
3  Thank pondlily313
Reviewed May 11, 2010

My husband and I have been guests of Babbling Brook Cottages for almost 14 years. We have actually stayed in each of the the cottages during different times of the year. Each cottage has it's own charming personality, is very clean, and always provides us exactly what we need. Patricia, the owner, truly treats her guests like family. If you need time for yourself, or yourselves, you will not be disappointed. Enjoy!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple