“The best place for romantic Birthday vacation” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Babbling Brook Cottages

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Dingmans Ferry
Babbling Brook Cottages
Tel Aviv
“The best place for romantic Birthday vacation”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2010

My husband and I came to celebrate my 30th birthday. We stated at cottage #1 which had everything that we needed. The garden was beautiful and the short trip to the waterfalls was unforgettable. The owner was very nice and helpfull.
This is the place to come if you are looking for a romantic weekend just outside of NY.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank RonyStav

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Hatfield, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2010

My daughter just graduated from college and we wanted a vacation that was not only restful but where we could enjoy the outdoors in the Poconos. We found the perfect spot at Babbling Brook Cottages. Our cottage was just so cozy and clean. Pat the owner added her own personal touch to our visit. She decorated the cottage with congratulatory banners and other decorations. She even had a bottle of wine and a cake in honor of my daughter's graduation! It was just so festive. Being so close to George Childs National Park was wonderful. It was so nice to be within walking distance. Walking to the park and enjoying the waterfalls is a wonderful way to begin or end your day. We went to several other places that were close by such as Bushkill Falls, Kittatinny Canoes, and enjoyed the town of Milford. We really enjoyed retreating to our cottage in the woods after a busy day. Pat and her staff were very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed May 2010
2 Thank catlady1010
Dingmans Ferry, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2010

Unlike the other reviewers, we are not on a vacation. We live in Dingmans Ferry and had severe water damage to our house in March. We had to find a place to stay while repairs were being made, and unfortunately, they are taking much longer than expected. We could not have found a better place to stay. Pat has worked with us and extended our stay when needed. She has been in contact with our insurance company and made all arrangements for payment from them, The best part is that our dog was also welcome to stay with us. Pat and her staff are friendly and always available for any need you may have. The grounds are beautiful and the cottage is very clean. It is truly our home away from home. If you do decide to stay here, do not miss seeing Child's Park Water Falls. In my opinion, they are the most beautiful falls around. The cottages are great for a relaxing, nature filled vacation. Rabbits and deer abound and if you are lucky you will get a glance of the bear.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
3 Thank pondlily313
Manville, NJ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2010

My husband and I have been guests of Babbling Brook Cottages for almost 14 years. We have actually stayed in each of the the cottages during different times of the year. Each cottage has it's own charming personality, is very clean, and always provides us exactly what we need. Patricia, the owner, truly treats her guests like family. If you need time for yourself, or yourselves, you will not be disappointed. Enjoy!

2 Thank NJGordon
New York City, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2010

It was our first time staying at this place and we stayed for three nights. We liked the location. It's quiet and near the waterfall, but there weren't many activities near by. We drove about 45 mins to 1 hours to get places.
I was disappointed how unclean the dishes were. Before we booked the cottage #2, the owner really emphasized her cleanliness. I really thought I could use her kitchenware, but all (every single of them) the mugs had coffee stains (it was brown stain so I assume it's coffee stain) and forks and spatula had yucky food leftover. When I opened the bottom drawer in the kitchen, I found a mouse sitting right on it. When I saw the first one, I just ignored. After all I'm in the woods. But that morning I saw three of them hanging around the cottage. They don't even run away. That night I found the dead one next to the bed. I called the owner and she talked me about an hour how they usually get in and it was irrelevant because she was talking about people who stayed before us.

It was nice trip, but with the same price, I would've gone to a resort. We were actually considering one and it was lower price.

Bring your own silverware and dishes!!

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Asianpear888
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2010

If you are looking for the majestic beauty of mountains and waterfalls, the coziness and charm of a well kept, homey cottage, and the friendliness and warmth of an inn keeper who treats you as if you have just come home, you've found it at Babbling Brook Cottages. I have stayed here three times and will continue to go back as often as I can. The location is great! You feel as though you are in a private world of natural beauty, yet within a twenty minute drive to various attractions and quaint towns. The grounds and cottages are exceptionally clean and well maintained. This is a gem you won't ever forget, worth every penny.

1 Thank actone1
Philadelphia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2010

We stayed at the cottage around easter. Pat the owner made it so welcoming. She had chilled champagne waiting, home made brownies for our family & even made easter baskets for our young children. Our family went hiking, fishing, relaxed down at the waterfalls and enjoyed spending quality time by the camp fire. The cottage was clean, comfortable & beautifully decorated. We are from the city but I am a country girl at heart and I can't wait to go back. Thank you, Pat for making the Ortiz family feel so welcomed.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
Crescent Lodge & Country Inn
Echo Valley Cottages
Echo Valley Cottages
#7 of 8 in East Stroudsburg

Been to Babbling Brook Cottages? Share your experiences!