All reviews the cottages fire pit fall trip short drive stayed longer living room patricia property pets fireplace
Reviewed August 2, 2018

After searching trip advisor for a cottage getaway that accepts pets, I found Babbling Brook. The problem was my family doesn't just have any pet, we have a micro pig. I took a chance and called and a woman answered the phone named Patricia who I found out was the owner. I explained our situation and she had no hesitation, although never encountered, a piglet named Ana visit her property...lol. We arrived to cottage #3. Immediately as we walked in my family, my daughter, her significant other, myself, and Ana felt we were relaxed. The cottage was pristine! Unfortunately we arrived during a week that had bad rain storms and all the state parks were closed around us but we knew that ahead of time and took enough board games and dvd's to keep us occupied. The grounds were beautiful and so peaceful. We knew the weather was going to be bad that week so we took food to cook in and the kitchen was stocked with everything was needed. A charcoal grill, deck and two big picnic tables were also ours to use as well as a big firepit which we did get to use a few hours before the rain set in again. The day after arrival a knock came at the door and Patricia came to check on us and visit Ana. Again, a little skeptical but she accepted her not minding the nibbling on her. Sorry, Patricia, that's just getting to know you and I think that she is still going through withdrawl leaving there as we all are! Two nights just weren't enough to explore the area. Unfortunately all the state parks that are next to the property were closed due to the tornadoes that passed by a few months ago. The reopening is unknown unfortunately. But, when the weather is good there is horseback riding, zip lining, white water rafting, etc...to do really close by. On our checkout day the power was off because of the storms that week. Dan, the grounds keeper was walking around checking on us. He was a sweet man also from the short time we met him. The only bad part of this getaway is we couldn't have stayed longer! The grounds and the cottages are beautiful as so is the owner and Dan. If you encounter them you will know Patricia takes pride in her property and wants to make sure everyone is comfortable and accommodated to the fullest. We plan on returning for a fall trip for my daughters Halloween birthday. I'm sure it will be beautiful there in the fall. Can't wait to return! Thanks Patricia and Dan...Michelle, Ariana, Tyler and Ana (Anastasia)

• Stayed: July 2018, traveled with family
1  Thank Meeshell1
Reviewed September 3, 2017

My boyfriend and I recently stayed at babbling brooks cottages for his 50th birthday - we stayed in cabin #4 and it was extremely clean, beautifully decorated and just warm and cozy - we loved it, and we loved how it was private, quiet and just had everything we needed -it rained one day and after some exploring anyway, we went back to the cabin with pizza and wings and wine and just kicked back on the sofa with a blanket and relaxed- I am looking forward to coming back and will recommend this to anyone who is looking for a romantic getaway ...or a just a getaway period - its close to everything, and the waterfalls are a must to see!

• Stayed: August 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 6, 2017 via mobile

We had an amazing time at Babbling Brook Cottages & we're looking forward to visiting again! We were lucky to stay in cabin 2 just before it was closed for the winter (they have other cabins open year round). The cottage was exactly as pictured on the website and VERY clean! It was well appointed - from kitchen utensils, pots & pans to books & games. The cabin was the perfect size for 2 adults & a small dog. Each cottage has its own firepit, & the owner even provided some firewood. At night, stargazing from our porch was amazing! During the day, Childs National Park, a short walk next door, offers hiking & beautiful waterfalls. When we booked our "leaf peeping" visit, I was impressed the owner, Richard, let us know most of the leaves had fallen from the trees & we missed the peak autumn colors. It may not have been at the peak of the autumn colors, but it was beautiful!

Stayed: October 2016, traveled as a couple
1  Thank amydawnf
Reviewed March 13, 2017 via mobile

Last minute we were looking for a place to get away and Found babbling brooks online. I called and they had a room so just booked sight unseen. The cottage was amazing, so clean and had everything we could possibly need. The owner was great and we had so much privacy the entire weekend. There's a national park right next door and we went hiking with waterfalls all around. We will definitely be back- we found our new weekend getaway

Stayed: March 2017, traveled as a couple
4  Thank bonnie f
Reviewed February 27, 2017 via mobile

My husband and I spent last weekend here for our anniversary. We stayed in cabin #4 and it was absolutely clean, beautiful and cozy! When we arrived Friday, we took a walk to George Child's state park to see the waterfalls. We spent about an hour and a half there. This is literally walking distance from the cabin! The second day it rained and that was just fine. We lit the fireplace, played games, got a pizza (delicious) and just enjoyed our mental health weekend. Pat was sweet and accommodating.
I will absolutely be back again, next time I'm bringing the kids! Perfect for families as well!!!

Stayed: February 2017, traveled as a couple