All reviews the cottages fire pit fall trip short drive stayed longer living room patricia property pets fireplace
Reviewed January 1, 2014

I wanted a place to take my wife and kids (8,6,2) where we could get away from "anything city", and make it into an adventure (for the kids). This was the perfect place for just that. The Cottages are cozy and warm, nestled in the forest. A five minute hike through the back of the property and you are on a park trail along the waterfalls. We used the Fire pit for hot dogs and marshmallows. 15 minute drive to fernwood snow tubing, arcade, and jump zone. Thanks Patricia. Allan

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank helloscreen
Reviewed December 24, 2013 via mobile

I came here with my husband for our 4th anniversary.
The cottage was tiny and cozy, just how I imagined a cottage would be. It was filled with antique furnitures, but kept very clean.
Patricia was very nice and accommodating.
Although it was raining throughout our stay, it was very nice to be away from the city and be able to listen to the sound of brook and rain falling.
Would love to come back again.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Younjin
Reviewed October 15, 2013

Words cannot convey the relaxing, welcoming feelings that I experienced this past weekend. My wife and I were supposed to go to FL to celebrate our 13th anniversary, but God had other plans for us. Since we stayed at BBC several years ago, and didn't take full advantage of all the beauty the area had to offer, we decided to go back this year. We are glad we did. Patricia and Tom are so friendly and accommodating. Our little cabin didn't come with a fire pit, so Tom brought us a portable one. Patricia decorated our cabin and left us some food and drink goodies to help us celebrate our anniversary. A very nice touch! We hiked through Stokes State Forest, Childs Ntl park, Dingman's falls and Bushkill falls. So much beauty! Met some really great people also.
I've been on many vacations and usually, by the time the third or fourth day arrives, I'm ready to go home and get back to life. This time, I DIDN'T WANT TO LEAVE!
I read one or two bad reviews about this place, but I've been there twice, and I would say that these are most likely unfortunate, isolated incidents. I recommend that you trust the good reviews and ignore the bad. I HIGHLY recommend BBC.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank MarkMocarski
Reviewed September 22, 2013

We made a reservation with Patricia on her recommendation that her establishment was a pet friendly place, and that there where numerous walks and activities that our boys and pets would be able to do. On arrival the greeting was friendly. However this soon deteriorated once our dogs where there. The walks she said we could do, turned out to be pet restricted with no pets allowed. Her excuse was that she had lived there 28 years and never new that no pets where allowed. Our dogs got out the house three times due to a missing latch on the screen door,and she has refused to return our deposit saying that our dogs broke the door, although it was broken when we arrived. We went and purchased tools and materials to repair the door ourselves. We will not return. The beds where also very small and uncomfortable. ON our departure we made sure the cottage was cleaner than when we arrived, as we had been told that other guests where coming in and she only had one girl there and she would not cope. We even made the beds with clean linen.
two weeks later we have still not received our pets deposit back, and on following up she has refused to return the payment.

It was the first family holiday in four years, and my wife's 40th, and it all ended up leaving a bad taste in our mouth and turned out not to be the weekend we had hoped for. I would not recommend her cottages to anyone.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
9  Thank Windrose183
BABBLINGBROOK, Owner at Babbling Brook Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2013

Dear Readers,
In response to this review: Upon arrival they loved my cottage & they commented on how clean it was, they were delighted. They told me that they were owners of a B&B in South Africa. Yes, it soon took a turn!. This guess had 2 extremely large labs,1 brown & 1 black. They were never on a lease while they were here. I informed them of my pet policy, which they received prior to making their reservation, stating that all dogs must be leased. This was not honored. As I was walking on my property, the black lab came charging at me viciously barking. I stood frozen & yelled for the owner to please come & get his dog. When he came he acted as if I was doing something wrong. He then informed me that the latch on my storm door was broken & the dogs were getting out, so I immediately got a new one & replaced it. It was not broken before they arrive. The new latch did not stop his dogs from getting out. The next day, one of my girls was cleaning a cottage for an arriving guess when the brown lab went charging at her barking as well. Carolyn ran to her car & was petrified. She informed me that she was going home because she was shaking so bad. She is a lab owner herself so it wasn't that she was frighten of dogs, just these dogs! Both of the labs ran my place uncontrollable for 2 days. The owner could not control their dogs. My neighbor saw them in the park while walking her lab & my guess had their dogs on a leash & the dogs were dragging their owners!! My neighbor & her brown lab kept their distance. Upon their departure, I found the new latch was broken again which he attempted to fix himself. My new storm door, which was installed new 9 weeks prior, was bend from the extremely large dogs jumping on the door. Also, there were several dog droppings throughout my yard. I have never experience anything like this in my 28 years of Babbling Brook Cottages.
Also, they used there own linens because of the dogs. My policy states that if pets are furniture pets then my furniture must be protected & my bedding & linens must be removed & guess must bring their own bedding. My linens are always fresh & clean as I personally do the linens. This is why I did not return the pet deposit. Should I return their deposit??????? I think not after we were all afraid to walk out on our property & had to clean up their dogs' droppings on my property. When I informed him that the deposit was not going to be returned, he threaten me. In my opinion, they were in the Hospitality business as well & this should not be the behavior of anyone. I feel that instead of bashing me, that an apology for the damages from his dogs would of gone a long way with me!
As far as the comfort of my beds, many, many of my guess inform me of how comfortable they are & that they have had the most peaceful & restful sleep while they were here.

Thanks for listening, Patricia

Reviewed September 6, 2013

My husband and I,unfortunately did not get to stay,while I was visiting him,where he has been working for three months. I was so impressed with the pictures of the cottages,the waterfalls,etc.that I did call and speak with Patricia. She was very kind and helpful,giving me descrptions of each cottage. Unfortunately ,for various reasons,we realised we would not be able to stay. I called her back,leaving her message ,that we could not stay,but was grateful for her time,and hopefully could stay another time. Did not realise until I arrived in area a few days later, that she had actually callrd ME back twice and left voicemail ! I called her,and we had a delightful conversation. Knowing how much I had wanted to see the falls,she invited us out,if were in area. So we took a drive out on a sunday sfternoon,and first off,got a hug like I was an old friend,and got to meet Tom. She then took us to see one of the smaller cabins,that had recently been vacated,and then proceded to give us directions so we could walk down to lower falls. Said to stop back at office when we were done. All this time and attention and concern,during her busy season,knowing we would not be staying !!! Where else can you find that ??? Babbling Brooks is a beautiful place,and Patricia a wonderful person !!! My husband and I , both hope we someday soon, have an opportunity to stay there for a few days ! Thanks again Patricia !!!

• Stayed: August 2013