All reviews the cottages fire pit fall trip stayed longer patricia cabin pets property firewood
Reviewed August 8, 2013

When we booked the cottage Patricia was nice on the phone and helpful, When we arrived the cottage was nice and clean. We explained to Patricia that it was our 25th anniversary she was excited to say they like to do special things for special events and would do something special when we arrived. We looked around the cottage and didn't find the special thing she was talking about which is no big deal.

The disappointment was the fact we were sitting on the deck, started up the grill and had the table umbrella up having a beer enjoying the piece and quiet, next thing I know Patricia is yelling my name accusing my husband of smoking on her outside deck. We both explained we didntt smoke and not sure what she was seeing. Patricia contradicted our statements and said she saw smoke and my husband bringing his hand to his mouth (he was eating chips). I was appalled first off to be spied on and second to treat us like children and continually say we were not telling her the truth. I was appalled. We felt like we were being watched the whole weekend. We didn't dare do anything. I even cleaned her cottage to a accommodate her wishes of us leaving early because she had other guests coming and more or less asked us to leave early. I was so disappointed we hadn't been on vacation in 10 years and saved so hard to enjoy a time in the mountains. I cried I was so upset.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
10  Thank 882michele
Reviewed August 6, 2013

My husband and I along with our dog (Abe) stayed for a long weekend and this place is immaculate and the owner Patricia was awesome...I would definitley go back. The falls are gorgeous and my dog actually went swimming....it was GREAT!! Patricia had a cake and a bottle of wine for us when we arrived...We just recently became first time Grandparents and she wanted to welcome us....very nice suprise...and the people we met were great also......Thank you Patricia for a wonderful stay........

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 1, 2013

We really enjoyed our vacation there! My sister is engaged to be married and Patricia decorated our cottage with a complete bachelorette party theme down to the last details with a fully set table and fruit platter upon our arrival. The cottage itself was clean, cute, and homey. We had two large beds and two couches that were comfortable and opened up to large beds. Behind the cottages is a small pathway that leads to a national park with waterfalls. We were allowed to go swimming in the last waterfall. All in all, I would definitely go back again! However, next time, I would avoid going during the major heatwave of the summer since the cabins only have fans and not air conditioning which were more than adequate for typical summer temperatures.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 11, 2013

Hello, my husband,myself and our 5 year old son spent Memorial weekend at Babbling Brook Cottages, I first would love to say that upon arrival, Patricia the owner had our immaculate cottage decorated with Red, White and blue decorations, balloons, a homemade delicious apple pie and vanilla Ice. We had a lovely time with our short walk to the beautiful waterfalls and fishing spots, it was so fun for all of us to swim under such a large and beautiful waterfall! The property was VERY well maintained and I am planning on going back with our 12 year old for his birthday in a few weeks! We also plan on returning in November for our wedding anniversary "alone" and can not wait to spend such a special day at such a romantic place! Great for honeymoons and family vacations! Tracie & Steven Anderson

Room Tip: I had the chance to tour all of the cottages on site and honestly could not pick one over another, they each have their own special charm that makes them unique to even choose, I recommend any of these very CLEAN cottages!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 7, 2013

We had such a nice experience with all aspects.....the cottage was beautiful,waterfalls where you can swim,easy hiking to explore the safe wilderness within the area, I do not wan to spoil all the wonders of the experience, but for the affordable price of what your getting, its a memory never to forget ! Whether its solo,couple or couples,family,friends,and even business, all will be in for a treat ! Have fun at Babbling Brook Cottage ! Patty who runs the place is easy to speak to,very helpful,and a good hearted all around lady who does a great job with anything concerning you having the best memory at her little piece of Heaven !

Room Tip: Just ask Patty, the owner,and she will without a doubt be helpful to your needs.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple