All reviewsthe cottagesfire pitfall tripstayed longerpatriciacabinpetspropertyfirewood
Reviewed August 1, 2013

We really enjoyed our vacation there! My sister is engaged to be married and Patricia decorated our cottage with a complete bachelorette party theme down to the last details with a fully set table and fruit platter upon our arrival. The cottage itself was clean, cute, and homey. We had two large beds and two couches that were comfortable and opened up to large beds. Behind the cottages is a small pathway that leads to a national park with waterfalls. We were allowed to go swimming in the last waterfall. All in all, I would definitely go back again! However, next time, I would avoid going during the major heatwave of the summer since the cabins only have fans and not air conditioning which were more than adequate for typical summer temperatures.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 11, 2013

Hello, my husband,myself and our 5 year old son spent Memorial weekend at Babbling Brook Cottages, I first would love to say that upon arrival, Patricia the owner had our immaculate cottage decorated with Red, White and blue decorations, balloons, a homemade delicious apple pie and vanilla Ice. We had a lovely time with our short walk to the beautiful waterfalls and fishing spots, it was so fun for all of us to swim under such a large and beautiful waterfall! The property was VERY well maintained and I am planning on going back with our 12 year old for his birthday in a few weeks! We also plan on returning in November for our wedding anniversary "alone" and can not wait to spend such a special day at such a romantic place! Great for honeymoons and family vacations! Tracie & Steven Anderson

Room Tip: I had the chance to tour all of the cottages on site and honestly could not pick one over another, they each have their own special charm that makes them unique to even choose, I recommend any of these very CLEAN cottages!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 7, 2013

We had such a nice experience with all aspects.....the cottage was beautiful,waterfalls where you can swim,easy hiking to explore the safe wilderness within the area, I do not wan to spoil all the wonders of the experience, but for the affordable price of what your getting, its a memory never to forget ! Whether its solo,couple or couples,family,friends,and even business, all will be in for a treat ! Have fun at Babbling Brook Cottage ! Patty who runs the place is easy to speak to,very helpful,and a good hearted all around lady who does a great job with anything concerning you having the best memory at her little piece of Heaven !

Room Tip: Just ask Patty, the owner,and she will without a doubt be helpful to your needs.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 20, 2013

My husband and I had the pleasure of staying at Babbling Brook cottages a few weeks back with our family visiting from abroad. It was five of us and we had an absolutely splendid time at babbling brook. The cottage was lovely and very clean - the kitchen perfect for the meals we made from scratch. It was absolutely lovely being able to walk to Childs Park to see the lovely water falls and clean streams located just a few minutes away from the property and the fire pit and outdoor gardens on the property were peaceful and lovely. We loved loved the deck outside and ate every meal outside under the old hemlock trees. Patricia and Tom were wonderful hosts and made sure we had everything we needed. We will definitely be going back there to visit and stay in the future. What a wonderful locally owned place that has a lot of love that was put into it.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Faith Z
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Babbling Brook Cottages is an easy drive from NYC and perfect for a nice getaway. The owner Patricia (Patti) was fantastic, beyond friendly and accommodating. She had our cabin (cabin #1) all nicely done up for the memorial day weekend and had apple pie... wine... and ice cream waiting for us in there! It's an awesome location with plenty to see and do... some amazing waterfalls are right on the property. I loved our stay there and we'll definitely go back again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends