“Great rooms great staff awkward location”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Dickson City-Scranton
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Dickson City
Reviewed June 26, 2013 via mobile

Although hard to get to, but that could be just me, it was a worth the try. One of the best hotels in the area. I would recommend it to anyone visiting within 20 miles of the location. The staff were friendly and helpful. Breakfast was up to Holiday Inn standards and the room clean and quiet.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank JohnEH H

Reviewed June 21, 2013

The hotel is a step above most Holiday Inn Express hotels. The decor is beautiful, fresh and new. The staff was pleasant and helpful, and the place was immaculate. We received water/snacks at check-in as Priority Club members, and a wide assortment of cookies along with lemonade was available to everyone. My only complaint, which I hesitate to mention, was that the chlorine was strong in the hot tub, and the water was VERY hot. The pool and the pool area were excellent. They even have handicapped accessible lift chairs. If you are very hot natured, you may want to know that the air is controlled by a wall thermostat, and will only cool down to 72 degrees. I like it cooler, but my family liked that I could not freeze them out! Lol! The manager is first rate. We arrived on a Thursday and were immediately invited to the manager's reception for hamburgers, hot dogs, chips, delicious dips, wine, beer and soda. She was friendly and attentive and was there again when we checked out the next morning. My family of 4 plus my parents all had a wonderful stay. I highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed May 26, 2013

I stayed here once and would like to say thank you to Jerry who is the Sales Manager. I was welcomed to the hotel with a large oud group checking in ahead of me. Jerry was confident to assure me that I would not be disturbed through my entire stay. I was not disturbed nor did i have a bad stay. I will stay here again when passing through. Keep up the amazing work to the entire staff!! Housekeeping does wonders on keeping up on cleanliness.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Rob Z
Reviewed May 23, 2013

Oh yeah, I like the location - newest hotel with the modern design -- fabulous. Amenities are the ones you can't beat any other hotel. As you can see, I kept coming back again and again -- I definitely will be back AGAIN. It is a "home" away from home. I can guarantee you that you will find this hotel in the top rate - 10 out of 10 for a stay. Terminator would say...I am BBBAAACCCKKK

Reviewed May 11, 2013

A colleague and I spent the night at The Holiday Inn Express in Dickson City, PA On Tuesday, May 7th. The staff was awesome! The hospitality was top rate, and the room was very, very, nice. The beds and pillows were so comfortable, and the color coordinated decor was very pleasing! The hotel was super clean. There were plenty of choices at breakfast time, and the food was very good! I will definitely stay there on my next trip.

I was totally impressed with this hotel!!

Room Tip: We had a room on the second floor facing the parking lot, and it was very quiet.
Reviewed May 2, 2013

We wouldn't stay anywhere else when we visit our daughter in college at Marywood University. The hotel has been recently redecorated and the rooms and amenities are outstanding. There is an exercise room and a really nice pool with a hot tub that is never crowded. There is also a great breakfast room with a fireplace and outdoor terrace with firepits. We had to change our original reservations and I was afraid that there would be an issue. I called and talked to the manager and was treated like gold. When we checked in, same great treatment, we were upgraded to a suite at no charge! They give you bottled water when you check in and there are always cookies and lemonade in the lobby. The night we checked in, there was a manager's reception on the terrace, outstanding hamburgers, meatball subs and beer at no charge. The price is exceptional and if you sign up for the rewards program, you can earn free nights. I am almost reluctant to let others know just how good this place is - I want to make sure there is always room for me!

Room Tip: The suites add a small sofa, microwave, sink and dining area to the room. It's not giant but, re...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 2, 2013

I just stayed at the HIE in Dickson City for the second time on business. It is rapidly becoming my "home away from home." It is super clean and quiet--a must! The decor is new and lovely. I spent some quiet time on a beautiful spring day outside in the courtyard after my work day was done. There is even a little store on site with food and toiletries. The staff is nice and breakfast was great too! I will be back.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Dickson City
#6 of 10 in Scranton
7 mi away
Hampton Inn Scranton at Montage Mountain
Courtyard Scranton Wilkes-Barre

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Dickson City-Scranton? Share your experiences!