“Great Hotel, Very Impressed! 100% Recommend”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Dickson City/Scranton
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Dickson City
Reviewed March 11, 2012

My husband and I had traveled from Florida to New England and made 3 stops along the way. This was by far the best hotel that we had on our trip and have had on any trip. The room was more then we expected, and we loved it! We booked a suite, it was plenty big enough, with a couch/sitting area, breakfast bar and little kitchenette area. We were very impressed and 100% recommend this hotel to everyone. The service at the front desk was great, and the room and hotel were spotless and even smelled great! We have nothing but great things to say about this hotel!

Room Tip: Would definitely recommend a suite, we were very happy with ours.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Dickson City/Scranton

Reviewed February 26, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for 1 night only while traveling. It was conveniently located off I-81. The hotel staff greeted us in a friendly and cheerful manner at check-in and at check-out. The room was clean and comfortable. Free WiFi was a bonus. The free continental breakfast was convenient. I'd definitely stay at this hotel again. Kudos to the manager for running such a nice facility.

Reviewed February 20, 2012

We booked at the last minute and the only thing they had available was a "suite" for $99. The room was clean and spacious. Being on the backside of the hotel, it was quiet. We ended up spending another night there, and this time the only room they had available was the handicapped suite. This was on the other side of the hotel, facing the street. The only drawback was that you could hear traffic. Other than that it was a very nice place for the money. All other hotels in the area were at least $30 more.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the backside of the hotel, that doesn't face the road. Much quieter.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 20, 2012

My 2 young daughters and I stayed here a few nights ago and were so happy with it. It was SO clean!!! We had a quick stopover in Scranton on our way to Canada and I didn't want to spend a lot of money or stay far from 81. I paid $87 for the night and wanted to spend less but when I read the reviews from Days Inn and some of the other chains in the cheaper range, I didn't want to risk finding bugs, smoky rooms, shady areas, etc. with my young children with me. I was happy with everything....fast pleasant check in and check out, clean room and bathroom, a wide variety of choices for the free continental breakfast and the closeness to the highway without hearing the noise from it. The hotel is only 1.5 years old so it looks modern and updated. The only negative thing I have to say is that there are no toilet seat covers and not that much counter space in the bathroom so we had to pile our things on the counter and I was worried something was going to fall in the toilet! However a very small complaint compared to the good experience we had here. I 100% recommend this hotel and we will stay there again if we ever need a hotel in the Scranton area.

Reviewed February 16, 2012

I just spent two nights here with my sister and her family. GREAT place to stay! The owner was exceptionally nice and friendly, the hotel was new and VERY CLEAN. Price was right, coffee and cookies, free breakfast....discounted lift tix to Elk mountain. WE WILL BE BACK! HIGHLY RECOMMEND...I rarely go back online to rate anything, but this was worth it! - Lynn L. from NJ

Reviewed February 14, 2012

I come to Scranton several times a year for business and have tried a lot of hotels in the area. I have been the most impressed with this one! This Microtel is not only reasonable, but very clean, comfortable and spacious. I can get a suite for the price I would normally pay for a little room somewhere else. It has a great location - easy to access downtown without a lot of traffic and close to the mall and restaurants. The owner Tim and the staff are very friendly and helpful! I had to cancel a recent reservation at the last minute due to illness and they were very helpful and understanding about it.

Room Tip: Get a suite - it's reasonable and worth it
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed February 13, 2012

Just got back from a great ski weekend at Elk and stayed at the Microsuites in Dickson City. What a deal! Coming up from NJ...we didnt realize that there are no hotels close to the mountain. We opted to stay here and were thrilled with our choice. First off, there are several other hotels within a couple miles of the Microsuites to choose from but none could compare! Others were twice the price. Microsuites was just off the highway, offered a great breakfast, was super clean, great beds and offered discount lift tickets for our entire party of 9! Between the breakfast and the discount on the lift tix, it was a no brainer!

To top it off, Tim, the owner was over the top with customer service. He even called our house to tell us that we were all set with the lift tickets. Once we got there, he greeted us by name, gave us great ski tips and told us where to eat.

Did I mention that the kids loved the hot macadamia nut cookies that greeted us at the desk every time we walked in? We adults also loved the free coffee that seemed to be fresh and hot at all hours of the day.

Whether you are skiing at Elk, at SnoMountain, or just passing by...you can't beat the bang for your buck here! HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!!!!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Dickson City
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Dickson City-Scranton
Comfort Suites
Comfort Suites
#4 of 10 in Scranton

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Dickson City/Scranton? Share your experiences!