“Great Overnight Stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Dickson City
Ontario
“Great Overnight Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2011

Made reservations on the Microtel Website , arrived around 3 am. Hotel smelled new and the room was nicely furnished and the bed was so comfortable. Staff were helpful , The breakfast could have a better selection but what do u expect for a budget hotel. Got a room on the third floor (room: 319) quiet i slept great! Check in and check out were fast and staff always were polite and respectful. Hotel is located right off the I-81

Room Tip: AC was a little noisy , but i think that this is normal in all hotels
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
Harrisburg, PA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2011

I stayed here for two and a half weeks for business and I was very pleased with the accomodations, exactly what I look for. The continental breakfast (with waffle maker) was always well stocked and the staff were very helpful. It was a nice and quiet environment to relax after work. Usually my business uses a different hotel chain, I had never stayed at a Microtel and thought since they were less expensive they would also be short on service, but I was wrong. If in the area again, I'll definantly request to stay here.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
newnan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2011

I made my reservations online on the Microtel website. It was very simple and a very competitive rate. I needed two rooms and was able to get two close together. I was greeted as soon as I walked in the door by a friendly front desk. We were able to check in early, which was great! The entire facility was extremely clean (and I stay in a lot of hotels, so I know the standard), and in great shape. The beds were so comfortable! The room was spacious enough, had a microwave and a small refrigerator, which was great for our leftovers! I would definitely recommend this hotel and would definitely stay again! Also, the breakfast was perfect - the belgian waffles are the best!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Lowville, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2011

Having to drive down from the Watertown New York area for a 9:00am funeral just outside Scranton, I had to leave home @5:00am. It was cold when I went to get into my car in my driveway and all my doors were frozen shut. I said to myself this is going to be one of them days. After tugging and pulling I was able to free one of the doors and made my way into the car to start it and warm it up. Now I had to look forward to the 3 1/2 hour trip. Still dark outside I had to travel down a road called rt 177. It was snow covered from the night before and it was slippery. I made my way out to rt 81 and from that time on I had a great trip that was uneventful. After spending the day with Friends at the funeral, I headed to Dickson City where I had my reservation at Microtel Inn. What could I tell you is I found the greatest hotel ever. The service I received was unexpected. The appearance of the whole place in general was brand new and well kept. Clean and not a spect of dirt any where. It takes a lot of energy and compliance to keep this place as clean and home appearing. The room was impeccable. As I open the door a clean smell hits your nose and you turn on the light and you are greeted with a room / bathroom that makes you feel just to home. I will say this is the first time that i was comfortable in a hotel bed for not only being clean but comfy. The mattress was extremely comfortable as well as the pillows. The towels in the bath were plentiful was well as presented with fashion. I also enjoyed having breakfast in the morning and that also had a great variety of choices. I can say that I got my moneys worth and look forward to staying with you again. Thanks Tim and staff and well done! Have a very Happy Holiday to all.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
Stuarts Draft, VA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2011

This past Thanksgiving, I reflected on many things for which to be thankful, and one of those things was a recent unplanned, but very pleasant two night stay at the Microtel Inn located in Dickson City, PA.

I was driving back from Albany, NY to my home in the Shenandoah Valley of Virginia, on Sunday, Novermber 6th, after recording a voice over track the previous day. About 6 hours from home, between Scranton and Wilkes-Barre, PA, my left front tire came off while driving south on I-81. I was shaken by this unforeseen event, but thankfully no one was hurt and no one else's car was damaged.

I was towed to the Pep Boys which was about a mile from the Microtel Inn at Dickson City. On the way to Pep Boys, the tow truck driver kindly pointed out the Microtel Inn and the Fairfield Inn. I went to the Fairfield Inn first, and was quoted a $159.00 price. That being too expensive for my wallet, I then went to Microtel Inn and was quoted a $79.00 price! A significant savings from Fairfield!

I had to stay two nights at Microtel Inn because of the time needed to repair my car. The room was fantastic, and one of the cleanest, if not the cleanest I've ever stayed in. Tim, the manager of this Microtel Inn, and his staff were especially accommodating. Tim even personally drove me to the Pep Boys to pick up my car when it was ready! Something that Tim did not have to do, and this was such a kind gesture on his part.

Believe me, you will not regret staying at this hotel. Tim, I very much thank you and your staff for making the Microtel Inn a refuge during my crisis.

Larry

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Mississauga, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2011

Microtel Inn in Dickson City PA is just off I81 Exit 190. The exit ramp leads directly to Main Street but the entrance to the hotel is via a side street just yards away from the traffic light. The hotel is spotlessly clean. Our room was on the 3rd floor on the backside of the building, a nice & large room with 2 queen beds, very quiet & comfortable. The pillows were very flexible and easily adjustable to suit your desired height. Everything looks new. Breakfast was fine.
I also like the soft/polite way they ask for a tip by leaving an envelope on the desk with the following remarks on it:

"Thank you for staying with us. Your comfort is our first concern. Your room has been carefully clean by Jennifer [not her real name]. If there is anything we can do to make your stay more comfortable, please let us know" . With this method, you can leave your tip in the envelope, seal it and be assured that Jennifer will get your tip instead of another maid who might clean your room after you later.

Notes: 1. After driving all day and when you are very tired and it is dark, you can easily miss the small sign indicating the side street leading to the hotel. 2. When entering the on- ramp leading to I81 South, do be careful because the end of the ramp joins the south bound lane right away giving you little opportunity to gain highway speed.

Room Tip: I prefer rooms at the rear of the building as opposed to the front rooms because the front rooms fac...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Tampa, Florida, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2011

We really enjoyed our stay at the Microtel in Dickson City PA, the staff was very pleasant and helpful, the breakfast was great and ...my highest criteria, the place was spotless. I read reviews mentioning Tim the manager by name and now I know why, he is very hands on, we spent every morning chatting with him over breakfast. If we had any concerns we knew exactly where to go, but we had NONE. I highly recommend this place.

Room Tip: We got a double queen room and it was great, beds were comfortable and room was clean.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
#5 of 10 in Scranton
Hampton Inn Scranton at Montage Mountain
Sleep Inn & Suites Scranton Dunmore
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Dickson City-Scranton

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Dickson City/Scranton? Share your experiences!