Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Dickson City/Scranton
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Dickson City
Nashua, New Hampshire
“Great value!”
Reviewed November 28, 2011

This hotel is new, immaculate, comfy beds, double sheets one on top of comforter one underneath comforter, great continental breakfast for such a low price. I wouldn't stay any place else in the area. Staff was friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: all rooms are non smoking. Stay away from the elevator...ice machine next to it.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
  • Turkish first
Dunbarton, NH
Reviewed November 27, 2011

This hotel was nice and clean (though the decor is a little odd) and certainly roomy enough for the two of us for one night at the right price. A little out of the city, but close to restaurants (chains) and a mall. It was a quick and easy off/on the highway on our way home from a long weekend. Would definitely stay at a Microtel again without hesitation....

Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Beattyville, Kentucky
Reviewed November 19, 2011

Stayed here for one night, cashing in a free Wyndham Rewards night on a trip home from the Northeast. Had originally planned to stay somewhere in the Binghamton, NY area, but had to revise my travel plans and get another hour of traveling in that day, so started scouting around for something in the Scranton/Wilkes-Barre area. I used to stay in Microtel Inns back when they had the old MicroPass program and before they joined the Wyndham group, so I am very familiar with the brand. I have to say that this was the nicest Microtel I have ever stayed in, and I have stayed in them from Oklahoma to New York and many points in between.

The entire hotel is non-smoking, which is a benefit. The room was the biggest I have ever seen for a Microtel. Everything was clean, the Internet worked great, and there was a microwave and fridge. The bed was comfortable and I got the best night of sleep on my trip at this hotel.

Two minor complaints about the room. Again, lack of water pressure in the shower was bothersome. Very few hotels have ever met my standards for that. And there is no lid on the toilet seat, as others have mentioned, which makes it easier for something to fall or get knocked into the bowl. Breakfast was standard continental fare, pastries and bagels, etc.

The location is good, although getting into the parking lot from the street is a bit tricky. A large number of stores and restaurants are the next exit up on I-81, or you can get there via a surface street (Five Guys and Sheetz are up on Scranton-Carbondale Highway).

The front desk ladies, both when I got there and when I checked out, were super-friendly.

Although my stay was free, I understand that the rates here are very reasonable. If I need a room in this area again, I will definitely consider staying here again.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
Wallingford
Reviewed November 13, 2011

Great hotel. Everything was very clean and the price is very reasonable. Good breakfast.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Quebec City, Canada
Reviewed November 8, 2011

Sorry for my English, my first language is French. I have to tell that this hotel is one of the best place we stopped in years, travelling from Quebec to Florida. We did not know Microtel Inn & Suites and will recommend it to everyone. Very clean, rooms are spacious, prices are low, good early complimentary breakfast . The staff was friendly, especially the owner, Tim. We have had troubles with our car and had to stay 4 nights at this hotel, he offered us his help (for a ride to go to the restaurant or the garage), we felt secure and it helped us to feel better. This hotel is on our list for many years.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
NYC
Reviewed November 7, 2011

Anything outside of a Starwood, Marriott or Hilton brand scares me. I was really expecting a crappy run down place, but what I got was a brand new, super friendly, cheap, perfect place for a one night stop in town.

Its so new you can still smell it in the carpet. Breakfast was complimentary and "extended continental." The staff was super friendly too. I would definitely return.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed October 27, 2011

This is my first experience with Microtel Inn and Suites, I am self-employed, travel a fair amount and always looking for a good place for a decent price. This by far is was one of the nicest places that I have stayed (comparable to the Marriott Chain). I was greeted very warmly at the front desk, there were freshly baked chocolate chip cookies for the guests, a very nice touch. The room was spacious, nicely decorated and clean. The bed was very comfortable. I needed an early start the next morning and was delighted that the continental breakfast opened earlier than advertised, it was very well stocked. The staff was attentive and friendly. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Comfort Suites
#4 of 10 in Scranton
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Dickson City-Scranton
Hampton Inn Scranton at Montage Mountain

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Dickson City/Scranton? Share your experiences!