“its clean”

Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Denver
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Denver
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Well it is clean, but need of updating the rooms..... out of the 1960-70 at best. the best to be said is that it is low cost. do not expect newer ammenities or a great continental breakfast. I would stay again if it was just me looking for a place to sleep, otherwise I would spend more and stay at a competitor.with the family, by the way it is very easty to get to from the highway.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed March 25, 2013

Had made reservations prior to the trip. Pulled into the parking lot and my wife says "Creepy!" Window open, torn scenes blowing in the wind. Cracked siding near Windows. Entered the foyer and found a bell at the front desk. Attendant arrived quickly and was very understanding when I explained that what we were seeing was nothing like what we saw on the website. I told him I couldn't stay there and he cancelled our reservation with out any charge. Service good, facility very poor!!!!!!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank jlem525
Reviewed March 3, 2013

Firstly let me say this IS NOT the place to stay if you are looking for anything beyond the absolute basics. My wife and I have been coming to this area on business several nights a year for about 18 years. We are always looking for the same thing in a hotel on these trips, cheap and convenient. This is both. Its not spotless, its not chock full of amenities but it's always been fairly comfortable and reasonably clean. True the place smells a bit stale, true there are people living there and the place could use some tidying up, but it serves a purpose. The breakfast is not worth the stay, so don't use this as a factor when deciding to stay here. We eat elsewhere. The bed has always been comfortable and clean. The bathroom is clean enough and the showers hot. The room heater and ac is always working. We opt to stay in the one room with a jacuzzi. Its always been clean and functional. There is no kitchenette in this room to comment on. The decor is definitely dated and the place needs some maintenence. Regardless, we've stayed here many times and will stay again. I can't stress this enough, if you are a highbrow and looking for four star accommodations, look elsewhere. If you want to just get some sleep, it'll do just fine.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank Foxparlour
Reviewed November 9, 2012

First of all, I am a long term resident ( anything week or more), so things may be different for short terms. when i got here, i noticed that the fridge was broken, and i called the front desk about it, and they replaced it right away. also, when the staff is not at the desk there is a bell to ring and once i ring it, they come down within 60 seconds. the staff is very courteous, the people who stay here seem friendly, and the price is right. no bugs, no mold. the internet connection here is GREAT. the decorating is a bit outdated, but that's no big deal. a lot of people do live here and have dogs, which doesn't bother me. if you don't like dogs, you shouldn't stay here. the rooms seem very large, there is a dunkin donuts in the back for coffee in the morning. there is also a laundry room on premises. again, staff very courteous and helpful, most amenities on premises, clean, large room.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed September 8, 2012

Stayed on 7-31-12: My family needed a place to stay to attend a play in PA. Looked for a hotel in the Choice line because of our membership. We needed 3 rooms to accomodate us so I was trying to be frugal, willing to go bare bones. I have a habit of looking at the reviews on travelocity since the choice site doesn't have this feature. The only review (from a year ago or so) gave a fair rating, so I took courage and booked it. I wished I knew about this site then. Upon arriving, (and you really have to look hard to locate the place) about 2AM, there was no one in the lobby. We rang and waited for about 15 minutes or so, and finally thought to look up the # on our reservation print out and call. Finally reaching a human being, she came out to check us in. The place was rather shabby looking on the outside and the same on the inside. The carpet really needs replacing and the odor needs to be addressed. Along with the outside access door which didn't lock, this place lacks that clean secure feel. The only thing it had going for it was the size of the rooms. Having a large family, the spaciousness was nice, just needs a makeover. My daughters did complain of ants in their room. The continental breakfast must have come from Australia, the smallest continent. Good thing we stayed only a few hours. Also, upon leaving, the clerk wanted to charge me an extra $10 because he said we had too many people in a room. He relented when I told him one was only 13 years, not an adult. I really didn't want to pay a dime more for these accomodations Wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 16, 2012

So we pull in. The first thing we see is a soiled mattress and box spring laying in the uncut grass in front of the motel--not a good sign, not at all, but we were in town for a funeral on the same weekend as a major Jehovah's Witness conference (you can't make this stuff up), and this place was quite literally the last place with vacancies for miles. We get out of the car to check in and notice that people are climbing out the window of the room to the far left of the entrance--hard to tell if they're up to no good or just taking a short cut. My wife looks at me: it's a cheap set of beds for our family at a difficult time--all we need is someplace to sleep for 8 hours.

We check in and enter through the side door--it's got a rock holding it open so we don't even have to use our key! Hooray! Of course, this means nobody needs to use their key. Or even needs a key at all. Yikes. A group of of surly looking, but ultimately friendly Troy Polamalu-looking kids is leaving as we enter--the older ones, and the guy covered head to toe in tattoos, are smoking. Smells great inside! Seems like the kids live here--maybe it's their rock in the door. It's certainly their pitbull that corners me in the hallway a half hour later when I head down the hallway for a bucket of ice. (Again, you can't make this stuff up).

The room itself was large and, while not exactly cleanly, was clean enough. No sign of vermin. The TV and microwave worked, which was nice. Plaster on the ceiling was cracked and broken, but no big deal. Smelled funny, though--like a lot of extra air freshener used to cover the residual cigarette smoke in the hallway. Linens were clean, pillows were fluffy. The air conditioner was thunderously loud, but cold,

Breakfast. This place was cheap, but it offered a continental breakfast. Apparently what continental breakfast means is: warm milk in a pitcher on the counter, empty coffee pot, two plastic containers of slightly stale cereal (I only tried the frosted flakes), three tasteless pre-packaged "cinnamon buns"--think Little Debbie but not so tasty and artfully prepared--and six pieces of dry bread for toast (3 white, 3 wheat!). I should have taken a picture. No juice, fruit, butter, jelly...just what I listed. I buzzed the little buzzer on the front desk that was supposed to ring for service, but no one ever came. Tried it again to check out...but no one came--there's a little plastic box on the desk that says "leave keys here." I did.

Room Tip: Anywhere but here. I have a photo of the mattress laying in the yard that I'll try to post late...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank JunkChuck
Reviewed July 24, 2012

The best thing we could all say about our stay here is "I've stayed in worse!"

Upon arrival, the first thing you notice is how outdated the exterior is... not well maintained, to say the least. When we checked in, the side entry door, which has a key access, was propped open with a rock (so anyone could theoretically enter). Walking into the hallway, you are hit with the overwhelming stench of cigarettes. The hotel is pet friendly, so keep that in mind- the other half of our traveling party shared a wall with a very noisy yippy little dog that could be heard down the hallway. Also, although they welcome pets, they don't seem to welcome assisting in keeping the property clean- during our overnight stay, some dog pooped all over the sidewalk, which was then tracked in (by the negligent owner?) to the main hallway... where it stayed. Despite several calls to the lobby to ask that it be cleaned up, we had to sidestep the poop and deal with the stench every time we entered or exited the building. There were still traces of poop in the interior hallway the next morning when we checked out... Yuck.
Fortunately, the cigarette stench did not carry into our non-smoking room. The rooms overall were large, the beds cheap but decent enough for the road-weary, unless you have a bad back. The bathrooms were terribly outdated and in need of maintenance- our mirror was broken in one corner, but this didnt seem to warrant replacement? The shower was pretty grungy, so we opted to go without for our overnight stay. The basic room had a micro-fridge which was clean and seemed to work well (did not use the microwave part). The kitchenette in the king room was a decent size, but the burners had foil under them instead of real drip pans, and it generally looked old and run down. The refrigerator worked fine for what was stored in there over the weekend. Also, the headboard fell off the bed when our children leaned up against it while watching TV. The breakfast staff was friendly, but the food was nothing to write home about, and we were glad there was a sheetz down the road with coffee ad breakfast offerings to supplement our "free" breakfast.

Overall, I would certainly NOT recommend this hotel on any of its merits- we had friends traveling for the same event who stayed in another hotel a bit further away, and paid less per night for a much better overall experience. There are plenty of other "economy" hotels you can find in the area, I wouldn't stay here unless you absolutely have to have a place to crash and you don't really care about amenities or service or cleanliness (at least our bed sheets seemed clean... the pillows were badly stained, however).

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Denver
Comfort Inn of Lancaster County North
#1 of 1 in Akron
Inn at Reading
Inn at Reading
#5 of 7 in Wyomissing

Been to Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Denver? Share your experiences!