“DON'T STOP HERE !”

Black Horse Lodge and Suites
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Denver
Reviewed September 22, 2012

If you don't like spiders, mold , bad mold smell and a old toilet that does not work , do not stay at this place.The rooms were big enough but needed to be done over.There were 4 locks on the door so you felt saft. We reserved 20 rooms for our bus group and none of the staff showed us where the rooms were. We had people on canes looking for their rooms at 7:30 at night , walking around the grounds looking for their rooms and this was a big place.You would think for a group this size someone we have helped us find our rooms. When my husband and I first came into our room and looked around we had to kill 2 big spiders.The mold on and around the bathtub was all over. I soon found out in the morning that all the other people including our bus driver all had the same problems in their rooms as we did. The breakfast that came with the price of the room was in a room the size of a bathroom. The coffee was good but they could not make it fast enough for the size of our group. they only had one coffee pot...Our group leader had to tell everyone she was sorry that she picked this place to sleep at and that we would not come here again unless they cleaned, got rid if the mold smell and fixed up the place.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank diane g

Reviewed August 29, 2012

My wife and I were on a trip from Pittsburgh to Philadelphia. We wanted a stop off the Pa Turnpike within an hour of Philadelphia. We were looking to stay in another hotel which was completely booked (due to an event in Lancaster County). We found this hotel and was able to get one of their last available rooms. Checking prior reviews, we found the reviews to be pretty accurate. The hotel is a former Howard Johnsons. It is dated and does need some renovating / updating. We actually were given metal keys to get into the room (can't think the last time that happened). Bottom line is the room was clean. I've gone to more updated / modern hotels that were filthy and badly kept. My biggest complaint was the wi-fi. It wasn't even remotely adequate. I needed my laptop to check on my son's oversea's flight arriving at Philly's airport. Tim at the front desk let me use their office computer to check on my flight. They really need to get their wi-fi issue solved. Their pool was clean and accessable ( a relief to swim in after a 5 mile morning run). Breakfast was adequate, a very continental meal (toast / bagels / cereal / yogurt , etc.) .We unfortunately did not get a chance to eat at their restaurant. Can't give an opinion there. We got in at 8 PM Saturday and were heading to Philly by 11 AM Sunday. If I had to do this trip all over I would stay at this hotel again. The price per night for the accomodations was a little higher than it should have been.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Steve P
Reviewed August 20, 2012

We stayed here on August 18th. We had a room with two queen beds. Clean room and quiet. We chose this place because it is close to the PA Renaissance Faire. They offer two tickets to the Faire, plus a $10.00 gift card to Mt. Hope Winery. It was the perfect location for the price. I would stay here again. Friendly staff. The restaurant is great. We also visited the antique place next door, which was nice.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank VeniceGirl_1
Reviewed August 16, 2012

I arrived after late- I called to make sure that it would be ok if I got in after 7pm the girl who answered the phone was very nice- and it was really nice to talk to someone and not have to push a million buttons to get a real person. The room was great I stayed in one of the Executive Suites it was very comfortable. I really enjoyed my stay and if every traveling back up that way I would stay there again even if not for business.
The staff was very friendly-
Great place to stay..

Room Tip: If you want a nice quiet place to stay this is the place to be!!!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank Kelly M
Reviewed August 5, 2012

We had been to a car show in Macungie and took a side trip to Adamstown, Pa to visit all of the Antique Malls. We travel with a small cat names Constance, so we have to find a pet friendly hotel. We were greeted at the reception desk by an amazing young man, Timothy. He was so cordial, friendly and helpful. An absolute pleasure to deal with. He made you feel that you were a very valued guest. There was NO fee for Constance to stay which was even better.

The room was great and we could walk to their restaurant which was next door. The food was great.

We will definitely book here on our next trip to Antique.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Henri119
Reviewed June 12, 2012

stayed here for a dog show and was totally satisfied, asked for and was given a room directly across from show site. The room was clean and very quite. Liked the two doors one opening to pool and yard the other opening to parking. Grounds are very well kept. Staff friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
4  Thank hikling
Reviewed April 29, 2012

We recently stayed there for three nights during Spring Extravaganza. Very clean and economical with a great restaurant attached. The restaurant was a very pleasant surprise. Centrally located for all of the antique shops in the area, the awesome fabric shops and about 30 minutes from Reading and Kutztown. The high priced chain hotels are available in the area, but at a much higher price. Don't be afraid to try it.

Room Tip: We had a first floor room in the back we could pull up to. It was very quiet and easy access to our...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Patricia E
Also consider these accommodations in or near Denver
Comfort Inn of Lancaster County North
Lititz Inn & Suites
#2 of 2 in Lititz
Days Inn Reading Wyomissing
Holiday Inn Express Reading

Been to Black Horse Lodge and Suites? Share your experiences!