“7 years layer, still great”

Zia Maria Italian Eatery
Order Online
Ranked #5 of 21 Restaurants in Denver
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We were here in 2012 and had the lasagna which we enjoyed very much, so we tried it again and yes, it's still great. We also ate out on the patio the day before and had hot wings which were nice and tasty. To summarize, the food is great the Peroni beer is great and the servers are great.

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (139)

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

After a long drive from Canada, we checked into the Comfort Inn while attending the NHRA Nationals, and we were hungry and tired. We love Italian so decided on the Zia Maria to eat supper. That, however, was a big mistake as the pasta was so overcooked I couldn't eat it. It also did not seem to be drained properly as I had very watery sauce on my plate under the pasta. The sauce tasted like canned tomatoes with no extra seasoning to it. The atmosphere was cold and the decor dated. It was supper time and there was only one other table that had people eating, this should have been a big red flag to us but we were hungry. I would not recommend eating at the Zia Maria.

Reviewed September 11, 2019

This is one of our favorites when we are in the area. However, this visit unfortunately, we had a waitress with an attitude. She was ready to go home and couldn't push us along fast enough...anyway, despite her the food was the usual quality we have come to expect. The bread basket has breadsticks, bread and knots and all are yummy....when I asked for olive oil to dip in it was provided. My husband had the lasagna which he loves. I had the chicken picatta which was good. In the past we have ordered a side of meat balls and they are really good. They also have a fairly large outside dining area which seemed to be quite popular despite the heat!

Reviewed August 2, 2019

I was a weekly lunch customer until my coworker and I were served black slimy lettuce. The waitress response was “Well you ate most of it.” Chef shared the same sentiment. I ate half before the slime was even detected. That night I called to talk to a Mgr to give them a chance to redeem themselves. The girl said it would be best for me to call back tomorrow because they were busy. STRIKE 3!!! The slime picture has been shared with many coworkers and 10 potential years of a loyal customer and friends/coworkers GONE in one plate of black slime. No remorse at all, no sign of embarrassment, no apology. Nice job team, you should be proud!!!

Date of visit: July 2019
Reviewed July 21, 2019 via mobile

Everything was excellent! Delicious food! Lasagna was delicious, large menu and we were all very happy with our choices. They staff was very friendly & attentive.

Date of visit: April 2019