All reviewsbagelsplace to sleepbreakfast areaenglish muffindryerlinens
Reviewed January 28, 2018 via mobile

We came to town for a quick visit with family. The hotel has done some renovations over the last few years. We had a clean room, with working TV, and lights. The hotel is nothing fancy, but gets the job done. The staff is friendly and helpful, the internet worked in the rooms, and there is a breakfast area. Would definitely recommend if you are using as a place to sleep and shower. Will definitely use it again if we get back home to visit family.

Stayed: January 2018, traveled with family
Red Roof I, Front Office Manager at Red Roof Inn Denver, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2018

Dear Traveler,
Thank you for your review and for choosing our hotel. I'm happy that you enjoyed your stay and i'm looking forward to having you again as a guest in our hotel.

Reviewed August 26, 2017

We needed a last minute place to stay for the night in the Ephrata area. Red Roof Inns are usually pretty decent for that purpose but this particular one not so much. The outside looks pretty nice, but the inside a bit creepy. As we were walking to our room, I clearly heard someone's entire phone conversation from the hallway, emanating 2 doors down from ours. Thank goodness I couldn't hear him once we got into our room. What I did hear from our room was the road noise from the highway. Not even the loud noise from our air conditioner blocked it. No sleep for the weary!

Room had all the amenities needed - microware, fridge, coffee maker, etc. The bed itself was comfortable but the linens were disgusting. The air conditioner was loud and unfortunately the weather was warm and we needed it.

I booked and paid for the room through Expedia-AARP the morning of our arrival and I'm glad I did. The nice young lady at the desk asked me if I had a reservation and I said yes, I booked it that morning. She asked me if I wanted a king bed or 2 doubles, the price was the same for both. I said I reserved a King bed. She stared for a moment and said oh, you have a reservation? I said yes - I told you that. The price she quoted me before she realized I already had a reservation was 20 dollars higher that I actually paid. Not cool. Check out the next morning was not pleasant at all. The desk clerk (not the same as check in) was having a personal conversation with another employee and completely ignored me as I was standing there with my key in hand. When she finally glanced my way, I said good morning, I'm checking out. I handed her my key, she shrugged her shoulders, and that was it - no "how was your stay" or "thanks for staying with us." Not even a "have a nice day." Needless to say, I won't be staying here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room not facing the highway, if that's possible.
  • Stayed: August 2017, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review. All of your comments are essential to educating our staff about good and bad service. We will ensure your feedback will be given to all. Furthermore, I will personally supervise that all your other complaints are addressed that everything will be in order on your next trip. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed August 13, 2017 via mobile

Paid a premium price for a Saturday night stay. No Smoking hotel placed us in a room that reeked of smoke. We asked to be moved. Pulled the covers back in room number 2. Bed sheets were stained with what we assumed was baby poop. Moved to room number 3 which seemed alright. The mattress was lumpy and had deep impressions. Difficult to get a good nights sleep. The hair dryer did not work.
I have a problem with a hotel that does not change the sheets from one guest to another. That is a fundamental expectation when you rent a room. Also their Continental breakfast was minimal. Overall I would rate this hotel the worst experience for me at a hotel in the past 30 years. I do not recommend staying here. The management does not seem trustworthy or interested in providing a comfortable experience.

Stayed: August 2017
1  Thank gourmetjay

Thank you for your candid feedback. I am very sorry to hear that your stay was not up to par. Please note that the information has been passed on to our concerned staff. Despite this, we hope to be able to welcome you back on a return visit to Denver, Pa.

Reviewed June 14, 2017 via mobile

Nice low cost hotel with new rooms. Very comfortable and spacious rooms. Location is 2 to 3 miles away from general food places and main Rd. Nice quiet place. Good breakfast with waffles. Muffins. Bagels etc. Service is ok.

Stayed: June 2017, traveled solo

Dear Traveler,
Thank you for your review and for choosing our hotel. I'm happy that you enjoyed your stay and i'm looking forward to having you again.

Reviewed June 10, 2017 via mobile

We stayed there last week for one night. We called on the phone as we were weary travelers and quoted a price, we arrived 10 mins later and given a price $20 more than on the phone. It was almost 170 with tax for one night. We asked why the price change and they said that is the price now. We were exhausted so we took a room. The walls were so thin we heard dogs barking in the next room and sounds all night. The beds were ok, but with all the noise none of us slept well. There was no hot water for showers and when we mentioned it to the desk they said we should have told them earlier. What were we going to do, take a mother shower after they reset the water heater and they said yes. The woman at breakfast was upset when we asked for more coffee and butter at the "free" breakfast saying she didn't even have a coffee yet and she got there at 7 am (it was 8ish). We also asked for batter for the waffle maker and she said that is all there was for the morning and would have to call someone to bring it and it can wait till tomorrow. We said it is still early and we are not the only ones asking. She called someone grumbling the entire time but we did get waffles. Overall, bad experience and do not recommend... especially for s rate that should be for a Marriott or Fairfield inn.

Stayed: June 2017, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review. All your comments are essential to educating our staff about good and bad service. We will ensure your feedback will be given to all. Furthermore, I will personally supervise that all your other complaints are addressed and that everything will be in order on your next visit. We look forward to welcoming you back then.