“Fine with one exception”

Red Roof Inn Denver
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Denver
New Milford, Connecticut
“Fine with one exception”
Reviewed June 8, 2009

Exactly what one would expect from a lower mid range, "I'm only staying here for one night so it really doesn't matter" kind of place with a perfectly reasonable Price/Value ratio.. The landscaping was in some need of a good spruce up but otherwise everything else was fine and the staff were all polite and amiable. A more than adequate continental breakfast(with a waffle maker) is served in the morning.
The room had a nice sized TV and a well functioning A/C. HOWEVER, I spent a long very warm day looking forward to a nice HOT shower. Unfortunately, the water was barely above lukewarm and my disappointment was considerable. I am far from being a picky complaining traveler with a chip on my shoulder and a would certainly stay here again, but, to me, having enough hot water is not too much to ask.

Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed April 8, 2008

My husband & I spent one night at this Comfort Inn and found it to be very suitable. The desk clerk was polite and helpful and accomodating as we checked in at a late hour without having made prior reservations.
Our room was clean, smelled ok-no mustiness or staleness, the bathroom was very clean, and beds were comfortable for a quiet comfortable night sleep. All necessities were provided: shampoo, conditioner, soap, and hair dryer .
The continental breakfast was fullfilling, an assortment of coffees, teas, cereals, bagels, toast, self-made waffles, fresh fruit and juices.
Our stay was most enjoyable after spending $$$$ at a B&B the previous night which lacked many of the above.
We will definately be guests again at this Inn if ever visiting the area.

• Liked — last minute availability
  • Disliked — nothing!
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank DBee54
Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania
Reviewed October 7, 2007

We stayed at this hotel recently, because of the lack of hotel rooms available in Reading. It was a last minute decision, and every hotel we called was booked. We did not have time to research our stay, and we were pleasantly surprised. Our room was very clean, pillows, and linens, were clean. Beds and pillows were very comfy. We had a nice size refirgerator in our room. It doesn't have an elevator, but for us, wasn't a problem because we were only staying one night, so we didn't have much to carry.The shower had a nice shower head. We thought the breakfast was good, fruit, cereal, bagels, english muffins, and could even make your own fresh belgian waffles, they were very good. Nice setting.

• Liked — Clean Rooms and nice breakfast. Quiet.
  • Disliked — Poorly lit parking area.
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled with family
6 Thank Jupiter033
Dover, Delaware
Reviewed February 11, 2007

As a frequent business traveler I was looking for something close to the PA turnpike in the Lancaster area. While I am a member of other frequent guest points clubs, in this area Choice Hotels is usually my best bet for something inexpensive. With little in the way of reviews to go on, I took a chance, and stayed at the Comfort Inn, Denver, PA. It is right off of the PA Turnpike. There are several restaurants in the area. Two nice above average restaurants just to the north on Rt. 272, and a nice diner about a mile to the south. As of the writing of this review, this is my third stay here in the past two months.

The hotel itself is nothing fancy. Pretty plain Comfort Inn, interior corridors, rather small hotel. The breakfast area is the front lobby. A bit odd the way the front is laid out, and it can get a bit crowded in the mornings. Not sure of the age of the building, not exactly new, but the rooms are clean, the staff has been friendly, and I have had no problems staying here. Similar hotels right off the Turnpike often average $20 to $30 a night more than this one, and if you are like me, just looking for a place to sleep, nothing fancy, this one works just fine.

Stayed February 2007
3 Thank Philosophyguru
DELAWARE
Reviewed November 20, 2006

We have stayed here 2 times over weekends in September and October. I agree the staff is great however the hotel is badly maintained. On one visit there was an alarm type sound all night come to find in the morning it was the fire alarm, we never went out to ask because our room door lock was broken and we had to bother the desk clerk every time we left the room to let us back in. She was nice and kept good sense of humour about it but she was so busy did not want to keep bothering her. We tried again on the next stay due to nice staff but this time there was no hot water. It seems a small motel but come on!! do they not have a maintenance staff?? Also on 1st stay fitness room all equipment not working and only 1 light bulb working in entire room, we reported problems go back 3 weeks later same problem!!! Also 2nd stay side door broke have to walk back to main lobby and lug things up stairs (no elevator) but that's how we got our excercise due to fitness center :) Hardly any lights in small crowded parking lot there was an accident in lot during our stay and poor girl at desk out in lot directing traffic and talking with policeman, no other visible employees had to wait to be left in room. Ok though poor girl literally running back and forth. Hotel is run down bad rough carpet, no micro/fridges in room, water stains, mildewy smell could be mildewed shower curtain in room?? Breakfast attendant great and great hours 5-10am breakfast little below average just bare essentials,lobby table area so small we had to eat standing up. Ice machine full of mold so went without ice again no fridge to keep items cool so threw out leftovers from dinner. We didn't complain much even though we should have because poor front desk clerks trying hard where is management or maintenance?? Worst stays we ever had anywhere!! We stayed at Mom and Pop old motels better then this.
We now stay at Hampton Inn, about 5 minutes away hotel immaculate and price was less then this run down Comfort Inn!!!!!

• Liked — STAFF FRIENDLINESS
  • Disliked — EVERYTHING ELSE
  • Tips/Secrets — HAMPTON INN CHEAPER AND NICER
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 Thank GYPSYROAD
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed December 22, 2005

hotel was excellent and had great customer service and lovely decor in the hotel. the rooms were very clean and the hotel was spacious

Stayed December 2005
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed December 22, 2005

During my brief stay at this hotel, I was overwhelmed by the superior customer service I received. My wife had a heart attack while we were staying at the hotel and every day the hotel would offer words of encouragement while keeping us in their prayers. They would drive me every day to the hospital and pick me up every evening. I will return to this hotel and will recommend it to all of my friends.

• Stayed December 2005
4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Denver
Comfort Inn of Lancaster County North
#2 of 2 in Lititz
Inn at Reading
Inn at Reading
#5 of 7 in Wyomissing

Been to Red Roof Inn Denver? Share your experiences!