“Excellante!”
Review of Picante Mexican Grill - CLOSED

Picante Mexican Grill
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed July 12, 2013 via mobile

This is the first time I have visited this restaurant that is tucked away in an area just off US 22. My wife and I arrived for a late lunch. The service was friendly and attentive. The food was outstanding. The flan (a Mexican dessert favorite of mine) had a wonderful thick consistency, but the flavor was not as good as I expected. The fried ice cream was outstanding!
I will definitely return. Glad I discovered the place!

Reviewed July 8, 2013

We always meant to try this restaurant and now that we have, we will definitely return! Great food AND great (and pleasant) service. The medium margarita was like a fishbowl! So good too. If you go, you can sit in the bar area or the restaurant area. Many selections I never saw at any other Mexican restaurant. Wonderful chips and salsa as well. GO, you won't be disappointed.

Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

We have been here several times this time I want the public to know.
This is just great food , fantastic
margaritas and suburb atmosphere !

Reviewed May 9, 2013

How is it possible to have so many different Mexican restaurants all over the US, with different names, owners, etc…, and they all serve exactly the same food? Even the way the food is put on the plate is exactly the same. It’s like Mexidonalds. When I entered Picante, and the saw how it was decorated differently (like the Chicorito Man U shirt on the wall), I thought the food would be different. But the menu had all the typical items, described the same way. I ordered the shrimp fajitas, which came out hot and sizzling, and looking no different than if I had ordered it from 2,000 other Mexican restaurants, down to the typical tired refried beans with the cheese on top.

The atmosphere inside was fun and festive—it was $2 margarita night, and the Penguins were on TV. So I would give the Picante Grill good marks for the décor, atmosphere, and service. Just wish they had some unique food. And if they serve "authentic Mexican food", then McDonalds must be "authentic American food". Ugh, the world probably thinks it is.

Reviewed February 9, 2013

I have eaten at many Mexican restaurants in my life and this is the best! Everything is top notice from the food to the drinks to service. When you walk in the door, you feel welcomed. The greeters and servers are on it- you get seated quickly, chips and salsa appear and then the waiter takes your drink order. We have eaten here about 7 times in the past 5 months. The food portions are huge. For example, if you order a taco, it is not a tiny taco... It fills the entire oval plate- dinner plate that is and it's under $2.00. There a daily food and drink specials. The 23 ounce frozen margarita is worth it- 4 flavors. I love the chicken and rice and tortilla soups. Both are served in a huge crock and they are a meal. I have never had chicken and rice soup served with about half a chicken worth of very good and tender white meat. The atmosphere is wonderful- friendly people' Mexican music, and bright colors. The place is always full of patrons of all ages. You must eat here.

1  Thank Lizard72magic