“best local hotel”

Holiday Inn Express Murrysville/Delmont
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Delmont
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Conveniently located at the terminus of the PA turnpike extension. Great location for local shopping, movies and restaurants. And short driving distance to Pittsburgh or the mountains. Standard Holiday Inn experience. Great rooms, breakfast, etc.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Murrysville/Delmont

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Overall it seems to be the best place to stay in the area. Just 129.00 per night is high for what you get. Breakfast was very good however. No pool but Walmart is close with a co owned restaurant called lamplighters but did not get to get there. They give discounts for visiting both.

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed February 20, 2013

Stayed here for work and besides the GPS not knowing how to get there, the staff was very helpful and the room was comfortable and quiet up on the hill. I didn't try the free breakfast but it looked well kept up by the staff for those who were eating there.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 20, 2012

My husband and I have stayed at the Holiday Inn Express Murrysville/Delmont twice while visiting his parents and have enjoyed each experience. It's a clean facility, with comfortable beds and hot breakfast - exactly what you'd expect from Holiday Inn. The only downside is the fluctuating water pressure/temperature, but compared to what I've experienced at other hotels, it's not noteworthy. We will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Rooms on the back side, facing away from 22, are quieter.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 7, 2012

I recently stayed here with a large group. We had about 25 rooms. In all my travels with a group, I have never had such a wondeful experience as I did here. First of all, the check in was the smoothest and most efficient I had encoutered. All the rooms were already pre-packeted with keys and a group rooming list. We got through the door and everyone to their rooms (about 50 people) in honestly less than 5 minutes. The rooms were clean, great amenities with an air conditioner that worked terrific!!!! Yes, even in winter some like our rooms cold. It was quiet as well. Breakfast was terrific and they handled the needs of our group without interruption at all. Nice little fitness room and business center. The slight negative I experienced is that my shower wasn't very hot. This may have been just my room. It was manageable however and wouldn't prevent me at all from staying again or recommending to anyone. Overall, FABULOUS!!!!!

Room Tip: Ask to be away from the stairwell doors....
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 28, 2012

As you walk into a place like this you are usually greeted, but in this case the fellow was on his cellular phone talking he didn't even look up to smile at us. I asked him if our rooms were ready, he checked and said no I than asked him if I could possibly have a room that was ready he said NO. But I over heard him telling another employee that he didn't want to switch my room cause he didn't feel like switching it in the computer. I asked Jordan how long til the room would be ready he said like 45 minutes to an hour. Not only is this unprofessional it is also very rude. If any of my associates was to ask where to stay I would not recommend this hotel. Someone at your front desk greeting people and making sure their rooms are ready in an efficient way represents your establishment well. In this situation this was not the case. I understand having a bad day but when your dealing with paying customers/guest that attitude should be put on hold.
Or just simply call off because it affects us also. However, it was a convenient location but if this is how your employees treat people we will gladly travel the distance to stay elsewhere. The next morning when we went to breakfast it was excellent. Lucy in the breakfast area was amazing she went out of her way to make sure our food was good. She kept everything nice and hot and never ran out of anything. I've stayed places where once the food was gone that was it there was no more, this was not the case with her. So, if you guys can adjust the attitudes
or bring in more Lucy's that would be great and maybe we'd reconsider staying here in the future.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Murrysville/Delmont, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2012

Dear WU M,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We appreciate your nice comment regarding the location, breakfast and the breakfast staff.

However. We’re sorry you received poor customer service from our front desk which was unacceptable. We will address this. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed August 22, 2012

I arrived at the Holiday Inn Express Delmont (where I was staying for the week) at about 2am on the morning. Through a booking error on my part, I hadn’t booked properly to have a room for that night, and there were no rooms available. I had taken a car service from the airport, and did not have my own transport.

Marty was at the front desk, and he contacted several hotels in the area in order to find me a room for that night. He eventually contacted the Holiday Inn Express Mt Pleasant, which did have a spare room. Marty told me that he would offer to take me to the other hotel, but he was the only person on duty, and so he couldn’t. Fortunately, Phyllis from Holiday Inn Express Mt Pleasant was able to come to Delmont and pick me up and take me to Mt Pleasant.

When I checked out of the Mt Pleasant hotel the following morning, one of the desk staff (I don’t know her name) offered to take me back to Delmont, which I gratefully accepted.

When I checked in at Delmont, the lady on the front desk arranged to have my room prepared for me straight away, and I was able to go to my room within about 15 minutes.

I am very impressed with the level of customer service displayed by the staff. If I am ever in the area again, I would most definitely have the Holiday Inn Express Delmont and Mt Pleasant on my list of places in which to stay.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Delmont
Ramada Greensburg Hotel and Conference Center
Hampton Inn Greensburg
Hampton Inn Greensburg
#1 of 10 in Greensburg
Hampton Inn & Suites North Huntingdon-Irwin
Hampton Inn & Suites North Hunti...
#1 of 3 in North Huntingdon
Hampton Inn Pittsburgh / Monroeville
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Greensburg
Courtyard Pittsburgh Greensburg

Been to Holiday Inn Express Murrysville/Delmont? Share your experiences!