“STAY AWAY! Disgusting, decrepit, and very creepy”

Water Gap Inn Resort & Conference Center
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Delaware Water Gap
Water Gap Inn Resort & Conference Center
Philadelphia, PA
Reviewed July 19, 2004

We booked the hotel through an online service. We chose the hotel because it supposedly had a view of the river. Don't believe it. There is no view of the river. The hotel was a new low for my partner and myself. First, we booked through an online service that charged out credit card. When we arrived, the manager said they only use the credit card to hold the room, and that we had to pay cash. So we ended up paying cash for our room. Second, the place was really creepy. The buildings were falling apart. The paint was peeling, there was a terrible musty odor in the room, the floors were uneven, the carpet in the room was sticky, there was hair in the sheets, the toilet wouldn't flush properly, everything was rusted, and there was a hole in the bathroom floor that they tried to cover up with a mat. When I tried to shut the bathroom door, it got stuck, locking me in the bathroom. There was a ratty miniature golf course right outside our room, but it was so decrepit it looked like moldy carpet. This is a thoroughly disgusting hotel. STAY AWAY!! It was the worse place I have ever stayed.

24  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Indianapolis, IN
Reviewed December 9, 2003

We are waiting three months now for our them to credit our account.
That placed sucked and we said we wanted our money back. We got charged twice and still in bats with the place. The place looks like its from the 60s when we are in the year 2003 (almost 2004). NEVER STAY THERE, JUST DON'T!!!! Oh yeah the ac wasn't work in our room and i told them i couldn't not stay at this hotel cause it was about to make me have asthma and allegery attack and I would of been in the hospital as I was only in PA for our IRL race which I worked for an IRL team.

11  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Staten Island, New York
Reviewed August 11, 2003

This place is a has been place from the 1970's The place was overbooked
, crowded , rundown , and dirty.
I even went as far as to look at the accomodations.
the room was small , no tv , there were holes in the couches the AC was full of dust and falling out of the wall. no mirror in the bathroom. I was quick to get out of there before I found more faults in the room.
Travelocity wouldnt help nor did my credit card co when I explained that they were going to try and bill me for this. They did mention that I can make a claim once it went through.
The only persons who had seemed to be there were Korean most of the writing seemed to be in Korean or Chinese , but if there are special accomodations for people of this decent then it should have been mentioned. I dont particularly liked to be stared at /spoken about when i exit my car with my family. I would also like to mingle when possible when i go to a hotel , this would be impossible since i dont speak the language. I felt totally out of place. I also tried to explain this to the manager in the nicest possible way without insulting anyone.
I personally didnt stay there overnight because I dont particularly like to put myself and my family through a bad experience if i can help it.
I tried to cancel the reservation upon arrival.They told me that the cancellation fee was 83.00 what a joke. I was getting the room from Travelocity/Lexington services for 59.00 I told them I was not staying there and to make sure they charge me the 59.00 if they felt the need to charge me anything which i will be disputing with my credit card company.Let me say that Travelocity and or Lexington services were of no help at all. They claim they are only a middle man and will not be responsible for anything.

If you need to be in the area there is a Ramada right down the block , 79$ a night cable Tv In the room, clean, cozy, and a small indoor pool which was fine.not much of a view but much better than the Del water gap inn and ha ha resort!

13  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Rensselaer, NY
Reviewed August 5, 2003

I discourage others from making a reservation at this hotel. I reserved
a room there through a travel agent and provided my credit card
information to guarantee the room for late arrival. The travel agent
spoke directly with the hotel when making the reservation in order to
verify my room selection and get a reservation confirmation number from
the hotel. When I and my family arrived at the hotel at 2:00 pm,
serveral hours earlier than expected, we were first told we were too
early to check in and should come back at 3:00. Then at 3:00 we were
told they could not find any record of us having a reservation and that
they were completely full - no vacant rooms. Our confirmation number
was useless. As a solution, the hotel manager offered to put us up in
what he called "an illegal room," which turned out to be a storage room
with no windows. He said he would bring in three cots for our beds! It
was an unbelievable scene. We left without a room. But it gets worse...
It turns out the hotel actually billed my credit card for the room, and
now they won't speak to me on the phone. They kept telling me to call
back another day, and then when I finally reached the manager on the
phone he would not let me explain the situation, he kept interrupting
me when I tried to explain, barked at me "Where's the proof? Where's
the proof?" and then he hung up on me. The travel agent called him, and
when I spoke with her afterward she exclaimed, Oh my gosh! That is the
rudest man I have ever spoken with in my life!" The travel agent said
it is actually illegal for the hotel to bill the credit card until I
have actually received the hotel's service, or unless I cancel at the
last minute and they are unable to rent out the room to someone
else.I'm now trying to get my credit card company to handle it, and the
travel agent is continuing to work on it. I'm sure I won't be stuck
paying the bill in the long run, but I strongly urge other travelers
NOT to stay at the Delaware Water Gap Resort & Conference Center.

16  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Hackettstown NJ
Reviewed August 3, 2003

This place is one big rip off They have no E mail no voice mail. Web site is missleading and if you call lots of luck you may get someone to pick up the phone. And if you do they ask you to call back the next Day because the Manager went home And to top it off they have no 800 number

8  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
red bank nj
Reviewed July 27, 2003

no phone in room, no outlet in room, tv no where to plug in no food no liquor, game room does not exist, what's that smell, keep shower curtain closed do not ask why.good luck

8  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
New York, NY
Reviewed July 14, 2003

It was probably the worst hotel experience I have ever had. The hotel
must have been wonderful many years ago. You can still get an idea of
the old glory and the beautiful landscape. Today, everything is rotting
away. The main house and the indoor pool house has water damage all
over. The outdoor pool is empty and in terrible condition, and that in
July. When we inquired about breakfast the next morning, we were told
to go to the next diner where we would get 10% off. We believe that no
food is being served at all at the Delaware Water Gap Inn Resort &
Conference Center despite the big restaurant sign on the lawn. There is
hardly any staff around. How can a place like this call itself
Conference Center?

17  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Been to Water Gap Inn Resort & Conference Center? Share your experiences!