“New Owners Exciting Changes”

Wolf Hollow at The Water Gap Country Club
East Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania
“New Owners Exciting Changes”
Reviewed April 10, 2013

Played my first round of golf there this weekend. The course is in good shape for this time of year. Pro shop staff greeted me at my car to load my clubs and were right there to assist me when I ended my play. New ownership seems to have added a much needed spark. I'm excited to golf here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Golfer1365

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
New Jersey
Reviewed April 5, 2013

My friends and I played WGCP today and were surpised to find they were working on a complete hotel renovation. Also, there was a camera crew from "Hotel Impossible" there doing some preliminary filming for a new show. Good news from one of the staff is that at husband and wife team (daughter of a former grounds keeper) have taken over and are doing a complete renovation of the entire property. By the way, the course was in excellent condition, especially the greens which appeared to have been rolled recently. Definitely worth playing the course and hopefully a new restaurant and hotel in the near future. Best of luck to the new owners!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank jfarmeribm
East Brunswick, New Jersey
Reviewed July 3, 2012

It looks nice and charming on the internet and was told that it comes with breakfast and has free internet. Two great pluses. Upon check in i find that my rate will be $20 more for my 2 kids to eat the free breakfast buffet. Very old building with creaky staircases and dark hallways. Beds in room were the worst I ever slept on and the sheets were heavily stained. Mattress was the thickness of a crib mattress. Pillows were flimsy. Toilet needed to be flushed at least 3 times after every use. Wi/Fi did not work in our room or the restaurant. There are no phones in the room and no one to speak to at the front desk after 7:00 pm. TV was an old 15' that was dwarfed by the cabinet it was in. No fridge in room either. Breakfast was disgusting making me really mad that i paid the extra $20. They had an omelet station and when I asked for a bacon omelet I was told no. He could make me a plain omelet and I could get my bacon from the buffet. When i told him its not the same thing he said sorry, Yet he has a tip jar out. The best thing about our room was the white envelope that had the words" TIPS GREATLY APPRECIATED" in black marker on it. Staying in any hotel is about getting a good night sleep, and you wont get it here. This hotel was not cheap and Its obvious that my money is not going back into the product!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank Chefsloan
GolftravelerPhl, Owner at Wolf Hollow at The Water Gap Country Club, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
We wanted to let you know, this property is now under new ownership. We have upgraded the entire facility and course. We have hired new management to assist in a better experience. I encourage you to come back to the course. Appetizers are on me for your party- should you come back and try us again.
Long Island, New York
Reviewed March 13, 2012

I am not sure how anyone could write a good review of this hotel. Upon arrival, you can not help but notice that the building is very run down and outdated both inside and outside. When you walk into the lobby, you are hit with the overwhelming smell of smoke. The women at the front desk was friendly, but seemed a bit frazzled. The hotel rooms are VERY run down and need ALOT of TLC. The mattress' were as thin as paper and the bottom of the shower was very dirty. So dirty that I did not feel comfortable even taking a shower. The night that I stayed here, there was a murder mystery going on down stairs. There were a few participants that were staying at the hotel as well. They were up and partying until 4:00 in the morning. There is no one available over night to call and complain, so everyone had to just deal with the noise. This was one of the WORST experiences I have ever had staying at a hotel.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank mrb525
GolftravelerPhl, General Manager at Wolf Hollow at The Water Gap Country Club, responded to this review, July 11, 2014
Please note- we are under new ownership from this review. This review is not under current ownership. We have renovated the facility and golf course. We hope we can attempt to bring you back to the Delaware Water Gap. We would be happy to give you one free night on us- with an attempt to win you back to the club.
New York City, New York
Reviewed November 12, 2011

I was here only for a wedding but the staff was amazing! I always saw people carrying around food and the buffet dinner was delicious!! There is a beautiful outdoor area for a ceremony as well. It's very quaint and antique looking but has endless amounts of charm.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank Rebecca K
Virginia
Reviewed September 27, 2011

We recently attended a wedding here.It was very good. The food was delicious. We had a buffet and it is the first time I experienced such a well run buffet.The wait staff was constantly filling dishes., everything was hot that needed to be and the taste of all food was excellent. I heard many positive compliments through the day. The table settings were done very well, kudos to the girl who folded the napkins, very nice job. It was a lovely venue for a wedding and I would highly recommend.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank VirginiaPatriot
B52stratofort
Reviewed September 24, 2011

Beautiful scenery, very nice accomidations. The owners are great people who try to help as much as possible. We have stayed there many times, the new menu is incredible! Crabcakes are the best I've had.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Delaware Water Gap
Budget Inn & Suites
Budget Inn & Suites
#1 of 8 in East Stroudsburg
Staybridge Suites East Stroudsburg - Poconos
Staybridge Suites East Stroudsbu...
#4 of 8 in East Stroudsburg
Hampton Inn & Suites Bartonsville
Hampton Inn Stroudsburg / Poconos
Stroudsmoor Country Inn
Stroudsmoor Country Inn
#5 of 8 in Stroudsburg
Holiday Inn Express Stroudsburg - Poconos

Been to Wolf Hollow at The Water Gap Country Club? Share your experiences!