“good people felt welcome~”

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Danville
Reviewed November 8, 2010

i have stayed at alot of different hotels! when arrived at the hotel i was not familiar with area and had some very hungy bored children the manager "Tara" and another very friendly girl treated me as if i was a family member staying there.. i was tired and grumpy sorry but it did not take away from the hospitality i was treated with!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family

Reviewed November 6, 2010

I asked how much and she told me i was like what thats too high! The sweetheart at the desk Toni Told me she would figure something out and get me a room. Im a truck driver and I have a budget! She was such a sweetheart. Very friendly. On the other hand the manager of the hotel Tara was tending bar. Not very proffesional. She was not the friendliest person i met and had a big chip on her shoulder. Bragging that SHE WAS THE MANAGER mean while Flirting with a few of the Drunk guest! I would stay agin only if tara was not there and A few other guest have told me that also. hope to see Toni Again though!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank boyinblue7979797979
countrykitchen, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2010

I apologize that you felt the bartender was less than friendly that evening. However, part of maintaining professionalism is keeping the bar area in order. When a patron gets disruptive and starts to make threats towards other patrons, It is the bartenders to job to ensure the safety of everyone, including his or herself. You were asked politely to leave that evening as everyone in the bar area was feeling very uncomfortable about your behavior towards them as well as your behavior towards the bartender, which was completely inappropriate. Thank you for your pleasant comments about the front desk staff, we sincerely appreciate your feedback.

Reviewed October 29, 2010

Over the past 14 years we've traveled to this area of central PA many, many times to attend events and visit Knoebels Amusement Park. Because we've come here so many times we've had the opportunity to stay at pretty much all of the hotels and motels near the Danville and Bloomsburg exits off I-80. We are three adults who choose to stay in either a larger room (minimum two queen beds or king bed/sofa bed combo) or, preferably, a mini-suite - either with a separate bedroom or a sectioned off bedroom/living area configuration. Pretty sure that the Quality Inn is the only hotel that offers a more expanded mini-suite set up, at least at the Danville exit. This hotel is relatively new (built within the past 10/12 years) and has really gone downhill. Rooms are somewhat "expensive" given the location, but we expect to pay a bit more for a larger room/suite, especially at the time of year when many fall activities are going on near Elysburg, both at Knoebels and at surrounding towns and rural venues. All that said... we need to find a new hotel. The lobby is starting to look a bit worn, but the worst was our mini-suite room. It was dirty (especially the bathroom), the furniture was broken or damaged, the lighting was poor and outlets inaccessible, and the wireless Wi-Fi never worked (fortunately, we also had a broadband modem with us for the notebook or Internet access would have been impossible in our room). There is no optional wired ethernet access in the room. Asked at the front desk why the signal was weak or non-existent (confirming that there wasn't a special trick or password I was missing), and the woman at the desk suggested calling an 800 number for the hotel's service provider or coming to the lobby with the notebook because it "usually works down here" (an admission, perhaps, that this is a recognized, ongoing problem that hasn't been addressed?). But back to that bathroom... absolutely filthy floor and from the shower we could see what appeared to be either used condoms or finger cots stuck and hanging down from UNDER the sink. Gross!!! (If they were something else - what?! - they still shouldn't have been there and it makes you wonder when the last time the room was really inspected and cleaned.) Also, there was garbage on the floor behind the emptied garbage pail in the bathroom. Really disgusting. There's a Super 8 across the street (older motel remodeled and reopened as such recently). Next time we may just spring for two less expensive rooms rather than stay at the Quality Inn again. As seasoned travelers we know what to expect at various price points and are willing to accept "seasonal" higher prices and willing to pay more for a larger and/or better configured room. But to pay MORE and get LESS (dirty "less", to boot!) is unacceptable. Final note: please read other reviews I've written that are favorable and glowing about other hotels we've stayed at recently. I think my reviews are fair and honest and I'm willing to praise the good places we've stayed - AND to not afraid to pan the bad ones.

Stayed: October 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank Dana77753
Reviewed October 25, 2010

We were looking for a low cost rooom for the night and we had a coupon for $59.95 for a walk-in rate at this hotel. The clerk at the desk said her best rate was $109 but she took the coupon when I presented it. She was not terribly friendly about it. The hotel chain was offering a special deal where you earn a free night when you stay two nights. But this coupon did not qualify for this deal. We decided it was still a good bargain. We were given a nice room with a fridge and microwave on the second floor. The mirror on the outside of the bathroom door was not clean. Otherwise it was OK. The light bulb was burned out on the ceiling entrance of the room. When I called the front desk, again the clerk was not at all apologetic. But she did offer to send someone to change the light bulb and this young man with little to no English came to change it. He did not seem to be a regular employee as we were fairly convinced that we saw him at the breakfast the next morning loading up with bags of food and gathering up oranges for his pockets. He appeared to be more of a migrant worker. Similar to the last Quality Inn we stayed at, the bath tub did not work for a bath. This tub had no plug for the drain. The shower did not have a diverter so one could not check the water temperature without running the shower first. But the water pressure was good and the water hot. The breakfast the next morning was nice with pancakes and sausages and plenty of orange juice and coffee. We found the hotel to be overall a good bargain.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank roadfellow
Reviewed October 9, 2010

This place was great, Tara at the front desk was so friendly. room was great they even called me and asked if everything was ok. Went down to the lounge and the food and bartender were both excellent. Kim was very friendly at breakfast she even cooked real eggs and pancakes, also had juice, cereal, muffins, danish, yogurt and much more. My whole expereince was just great, I will go to this hotel again.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed October 1, 2010

Found myself at the Super 8 across the street and they wouldn't honor the internet price and I was left without a room to stay. I called around and everyone was over priced for a last minute room. Except Quality Inn that is... They not only had a room, but it was at a higher price as well. The difference was the manager realized we were stranded and wanted to sell the room anyway. We got the room at an amazing price and it turned out to be a great value for the money. Staff was very nice and check in was quick and painless. Room had a small old stain on the carpet, but seriously at this price who cares. Everything else was clean and I enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 29, 2010

My husband was sick in the hospital,and my daughter and I needed a place to spend the night. The first room they gave us smelled musty, so I asked for another. Then we went to the other room it smelled like someone had just sprayed to cover up the smell. The curtains, comforter, and bathroom ceiling had mold on them. I was sick. The comforter had black hair all over it. Then I lifted the mattress cover to find bugs on the mattress. My daughter and I went down stairs and asked for our money back. Worse place I have ever stayed!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Danville
Best Western Danville Inn
#2 of 6 in Danville
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#2 of 2 in New Columbia

Been to Quality Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!