“Clean and comfortable bargain”

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Danville
Connecticut Yankee
“Clean and comfortable bargain”
Reviewed October 16, 2012

Stayed here one night for an event at nearby Knoebels Amusement Park. The room was clean and decent and prepaid rate was a real bargain! Located near many food options and easy access to highways and towns. Staff was friendly, and free breakfast was surprisingly varied and good--a real bargain. Would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
New Hope, Bucks County
Reviewed September 17, 2012

We decided to try a quick family trip to Knoebels if we could get a good hotel deal. We tried priceline and landed this place but once we looked at the reviews we became concerned and decided to drive the 3 hours home if it was a bad room. We checked in at around 5PM after a day at the park and the room looked clean and fine for a 2 star hotel. Our stay was great - everything clean and comfortable - hotel staff was good and our dinner server in the restaurant was funny and absolutely perfect (we tried eating out in Bloomsburg but after waiting for 40 minutes the waiter told us they were backed up in the kitchen and hadnt even started cooking our dinner). Anyone with 2 toddlers knows that this means impending disaster, so it was back to the hotel just to eat anything, and as it turned out our food came quickly and was good.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank dynaport
Danville
Reviewed August 23, 2012

I live in the Danville area and recently paid to have some of my family stay at this hotel while here for a family reunion. The hotel was a big surprise. First let me say we choose this hotel because nothing else was available and we needed rooms. We were sceptical of the hotel because of the reviews. However when my family arrived they found the hotel to be going through renovations, painting, landscaping, updating etc... All the staff we encountered from the time of making the reservation with Tammy to checking in with Destiny(trainee Daniel), to breakfast person Tom, were extremely helpful to my family, friendly, and went out of their way to make sure the stay was pleasant. We utilized the pool, which we found no problems with, and enjoyed the time to relax. They even allowed me to use it as well. The rooms were a little date (I believe they will be working on them as well), but clean. I will definte

Room Tip: give them a try
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Grammy5Danville
Reviewed August 7, 2012

I made the very bad mistake of booking this hotel via Booking.com. This was listed as Danville Hotel and Conference Center....false advertising. The policy was cancellations required 48 hours in advance of the reservation! Let me say that this is a red flag policy and don't be as stupid as I was to book a hotel with this policy. It means they are not a quality hotel and want to earn their money dishonestly because if you get there and find out that they have a sign Quality Inn sign and if you'd known that you would not have booked with them, so you find another room elsewhere and go where you feel safe....they will not do the right thing and refund your money! I was in the room a half hour and decided that this hotel felt unsafe because there was hardly no one staying there, it is run down, has a bad odor and someone else who stayed there ended up with bed bug bites. So beware and don't book at this hotel or any hotel that will not allow you to cancel the reservation up to 6 pm. Don't buy the line that this 48 hour cancellation policy is in line with other facilities in the area. Be smarter than I was so that bad managers like Tammy Heebner can't refuse to refund money when you did not use their facility for any significant period of time. I was also warned against using the pool by the guy at the front desk. DO NOT GO NEAR THIS PLACE.

Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank NeuroWorksLLC

Travelers are raving about these Danville hotels

Syracuse, New York
Reviewed July 11, 2012

Do not be fooled, they advertise as the Quality Inn, but they are really the Danville Inn and Conference Center, with absolutely no satisfaction guarentee at all. Our stay here was supposed to be a stop close to the highway so we can continue driving early in the morning. The room was dirty, lamp shades with stains, carpet with stains, and broken dirty furniture. Our tv in our room wasn't programmed, so when you changed the channels, they made a very loud "fuzzy snow" noise and during some programs it would flash a the same noise. We went to take a bath and our faucet was broken, only allowing shower to happen. I called the late night front desk person to help and he said, " THERE IS NOTHING I CAN DO!". Breakfast was terrible. in the morning, I contacted the manager, Renee, who I am still unsure of why this women works in the hospitality industry. She is argumentitive and very rude. I asked her to correct the problems, and she had a rude remark for everything we had an issue with. Then, I said what about the satisfaction guarentee through choice hotels and she stated, we are not a choice hotel. I thought this was strange, because I was looking at a Quality inn phone, little notepad and sign out of my window. This is a very shady hotel. DO YOURSELF A FAVOR, DO NOT STAY HERE. There is a reason that the parking lot is empty.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Singing_Coconut
Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 3, 2012

I travel for my coming using Corporate Lodging which limits my hotel choices. However, while working in Danville, I chose the Quality Inn. I am usually leary of that chain but what a pleasant surprise.
I asked for a king bed and got a beautiful king SUITE! It was comfortable and clean.
They have a bar that serves food with a pretty decent menu. Stop in for Burger Tuesday or Guest Appreciation Day on Wednesdays for free hors' oeuvres.
Its right off of I-80.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank roadwarriorgirl
Allentown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 1, 2012

This disgusting hotel has bed bugs!! I stayed here two weeks ago and woke up with mulitple bites on my arm. My husband also had bites on his arms and when we went to the doctor he imformed us that they were from bed bugs. You do NOT want to stay here. Not only that but the staff is extremly rude and the breakfast was nasty and made us sick afterwards!

Room Tip: Don't stay here!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
6 Thank Angel M
Also consider these accommodations in or near Danville
Red Roof Inn Danville
#5 of 8 in Bloomsburg
Pine Barn Inn
Pine Barn Inn
#2 of 6 in Danville

Been to Quality Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!