“Best Shepard Pie and Ham and Bean Soup”

Mom's Dutch Kitchen
Ranked #29 of 42 Restaurants in Danville
Easton, Pennsylvania
“Best Shepard Pie and Ham and Bean Soup”
Reviewed July 19, 2012

I want to say one thing without argument. This is the very best Ham and Bean Soup I have ever eaten. Although it is summer and 100 degrees outside, this soup is still good. As a business traveler, restaurants are pretty much all the same. This is a diamond in the rough, a real gem. I had the best Shepard Pie here recently also. In addtion to that, the service is top notch. If you are in the area, skip Friendlys and McDonalds and stop there. I firmly believe you will not be disappointed.

• Visited July 2012

New York City
“Don't Eat at Moms”
Reviewed July 8, 2012

My family and I went to Moms on a Sunday while staying in central PA. We were underwhelmed to say the least. My husband ordered the Country Breakfast which the menu stated that it came with 2 eggs any style, biscuits & sausage gravy, bacon & home fries. When the order arrived, there was white toast & no biscuits & gravy and no home fries. It also looked like 1 egg scrambled instead of 2. He questioned the waitress & she said the biscuits didn't come with it but she could put in an order for $5.99 if we wanted. We politely refused. To be sure we were right we correct. We were. When we asked the waitress this time she said the order comes as it did because most people do not want the home fries & country biscuits. If we want them we have to ask?!? When my husband asked her how could he ask because it stated on the menu that they were included, she apologized but said that was just the way it was. He stated that she should have asked him then. She said it wasn't her fault it was the cooks & brought the manager over. The manager agreed with us and offered us a small discount on the check. Underwhelming is an understatement!

clifton heights, pa
“Friendly staff & good food.”
Reviewed July 2, 2012

We stop here everytime we are in Danville. The waitresses are always friendly and accomodating...the food is plentiful and very tasty. Good prices. I highly recommend this restaurant.

Visited June 2012
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“food”
Reviewed July 1, 2012

the food wasn't anything special,it was like you were in your own kitchen

Visited November 2011
Danville, Pennsylvania, United States
“No worth it”
Reviewed June 26, 2012

I live in Danville, so I've had a chance to sample all the surrounding restaurants. I can think of at least 20 to go to before going to Mom's Dutch Kitchen. It's your basic, crappy diner, with nothing truly special except its convenient location. If you're hungry for a home cooked meal, stay in the car a little longer for a more worth while restaurant- even Friendly's!