“We ate there ALOT”

Cuisines: Chinese
Indialantic, Florida
“We ate there ALOT”
Reviewed December 29, 2012

I have been in the area for a couple of weeks. Restaurants are scarce which left us eating a lot at Fu Star. The staff was very friendly and the food typical of Chinese buffets. The price was very reasonable. (downright cheap considering the offerings)
Chicken broth was outstanding. Food could have been hotter. What's up with Chinese Buffets and the food temps?
The booths really need re-upholstered. Up the price $1 and recover or replace those nasty booths. With a little updating, rest rooms included, this place would really be pretty nice.

• Visited December 2012

Georgetown, Kentucky
“good buffet and carry out”
Reviewed November 15, 2012

good food ate there many times during previous visit food was ready quick even if u ordered on arrival

Visited November 2012
Sala, Västmanlands Län, Sweden
“typical”
Reviewed October 5, 2012

this is your typical chinesse food. Don't get to excited for anything special. they menu here is the same as the other 4 billion Chinese food resteraunts in the US. But, if you need your Chinese food fix, go here

Visited August 2012
Lewisburg, Pennsylvania
“Mediocre Take Away”
Reviewed August 20, 2012

I see that people eating in seem to like this restaurant. I did not dine in, but ordered take -out.
The prices were on par, the reception friendly enough, and fast. I was handed my Take-Away bag, and left.
My first scent of dissapointment was that the food did not smell appetising in the bag.
Once I got home I was dismayed to see absolutely no "extras" no sauce for the wontons, no soy sauce, no duck sauce, no mustard...nothing.
I ordered chicken with vegetables. Bland, almost tasteless and a little oily. I had to smother it in soy sauce, and I usually don't eat any soy sauce on my Chinese food (Luckily I had soy sauce at home) . I had no desire to eat more than a small amount. It tasted bland to almost unpleasant, and didn't look appetising either! A study in white.
There were 10 cheese wontons...far more than most restaurants (and almost too many) , no sauce.
I won't be returning .

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank Agnespage
Danville, Pennsylvania, United States
“Always reliable: friends, family or solo”
Reviewed July 21, 2012

This might not be the most romantic or fancy restaurant, but it sure is reliable: the food is always the same, and the buffet is always warm and relatively fresh. They offer many many different types of chinese food, and a dessert/salad bar, as well as chicken and french fries for kids and a serve yourself ice cream bar. Definitely a good place to stop for a quick lunch with anyone, or a takeout dinner for everyone.

• Visited May 2012